Introduce Yourself!

Thats funny about indoor plumbing. My dad said an old timer told him, “nothing good can happen from someone going to bathroom in their own house”.

DHL is clear and deep. Great fishing. I have friends that fish there nearly everyday of the year, thats all they do is fish.

Let me know if you’d like to come down here to Ky or visit DHL or both, love to have you.

1 Like
  1. What was your first job?
    A fast food hamburger restaurant called Sandy’s when I was 16. My step father found me a 1957 pontiac that he said I could have for my first car if I got a job and paid for it. On the way home we stopped for a burger, I asked if the were hiring and they ended up hiring me on the spot. I gave my parents the food and told them i was starting work now, please pick me up in 8 hrs and please take me to get my car on my first day off.
  2. Been pleasantly surprised by anything lately?
    The revelations I am discovering thru the Bible study here.
  3. What’s something you want to do in the next year that you’ve never done before?
    Learn a new language . Maybe Italian. My father spoke it but I grew up speaking English and never learned.
  4. What’s your favorite place you’ve ever visited?
    Tahiti. More specifically BoraBora
  5. What’s the best advice you’ve ever heard?
    My mother told me after I thru a fit about not getting some from them I wanted that “The world owed me nothing”. If i wanted something out of life that it was my responsibility to get off my bottom side and earn it.
  6. Do you collect anything?
    Computer parts and tools
  7. When did you become a Christian?
    I can’t really remember not being a Christian. I have always just known deep down that God was real and that Christ was his son and our Savior. I am just trying to understand how to be truly worthy of Gods gifts. They have been so numerous.
  8. Got any phobias you’d like to break?
    Still afraid of heights
  9. Got any favorite quotes?
    Yes but if I get started you will be reading for hours.
  10. What are your hobbies?
    Wood working
    Sailing
    Building computers
    Reading and watching Sci Fi
    Cars (my last name is Ferrari and i am related supposedly. My father imigrated from Italy)
4 Likes

Now that’s a way to get your first job! :rofl:

1 Like

Pretty interesting read Stephen, I enjoyed it all. Thanks for introducing yourself!

I’m not afraid of heights, I’m just afraid of falling! :smile: I said spiders on this one, but add heights too. I did just go on a 200ft ferris wheel though. I must be sick, I like placing myself in uncomfortable positions to overcome fears.

Awesome!

Pigeon Forge, TN has a fantastic old school car show in spring and fall. Check it out. My first car was a 1963 Chevy C10 pickup. Still miss that truck.

2 Likes

How sweet of you thank-you for the warm welcome :slight_smile:

3 Likes
  1. **What was your first job?**Babysitting
  2. **Been pleasantly surprised by anything lately?**A young worker’s compassion plus her ethics of being extremely hard working.
  3. **What’s something you want to do in the next year that you’ve never done before?**Travel and get back into my artwork.
  4. **What’s your favorite place you’ve ever visited?**I haven’t been able to travel much but when I was much younger I visited Big Sur area of California. Beautiful!
  5. **What’s the best advice you’ve ever heard?**Always treat others as you would want to be treated. Try to put yourself in their place or/and situation.
  6. **Do you collect anything?**Dust! Ha!
  7. **When did you become a Christian?**At the age of 11, I was baptized. I fell away (angry) soon after when my parents divorced. The Lord has always been with me even when I didn’t know it. He understood what I was going through and His patience is so overwhelming. I needed to learn a great deal. I took out my anger at Him and said I didn’t believe in Him any more. Funny, talking to someone you don’t believe in! Anyway, I look back now in such awe and gratitude. I feel I wasn’t truly baptized until 1992 when I fell to my knees. We have such an amazing Father!
  8. **Got any phobias you’d like to break?**Long and high bridges.
  9. **Got any favorite quotes?**Not really. I may change this answer as we go along.
  10. **What are your hobbies?**Gardening. Studying God’s Word. Family Genealogy research.

Bonus!

1. **How long have you been a reader?**A reader… What does this mean? A reader of the Word? Began reading through the Bible in 1991/92. Began reading? 2nd grade maybe…
6 Likes

Larissa, welcome to the forum! Thanks for joining us and sharing a little about yourself.

Ahh, it means how long have you been a reader of World Events and the Bible.

2 Likes

Haha! So sorry! I even read others and went blank when I read that question. I have been reading and studying at this site for over a year.

4 Likes

LOL - glad to see I’m not the only one that does things like that!

3 Likes
  1. What was your first job?
    Babysitting

2. Been pleasantly surprised by anything lately?
    Finding true likeminded believers. Doing a Daniel study, boy howdy.

3. What’s something you want to do in the next year that you’ve never done before?
    Be met up in the air with the resting, in a twinkling of the eye.

4. What’s your favorite place you’ve ever visited?
    Mount Rushmore

5. What’s the best advice you’ve ever heard?
    Be like Jesus.

6. Do you collect anything?
    Truth

7. When did you become a Christian?
    12 --most import, best decision I ever made in my life! God called, thankful I responded.

8. Got any phobias you’d like to break?
    Phobias, yes (spiders,bugs); to break, no!

9. Got any favorite quotes?
    “Don’t be afraid to see what you see.” --Ronald Reagan
    “I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.” --Thomas Jefferson
    Matthew 6:33

10. What are your hobbies?
    Cooking, boating, finding truth these days and sharing it.

Bonus!

1. How long have you been a reader of our site?
    Well, I had found you on GETTR months ago, but first day
    for this forum. Btw, you are a great resource!
3 Likes

I’m just now seeing your comment, Kay! I take back what I said. I’m 59 years young :smiley: Thanks for helping me see the light!

2 Likes

What was your first job?

Picking strawberries by the quart for 10 cents a box.

Been pleasantly surprised by anything lately?

I saw someone in the grocery store parking lot actually put their cart in the proper place!

What’s something you want to do in the next year that you’ve never done before?

Have a conversation with a Liberal and not have them walk off.

What’s your favorite place you’ve ever visited?

Alaska, walking on a glacier and Neets Bay watching bears pull salmon out of the river.

What’s the best advice you’ve ever heard?
Your savings account should be treated the same as a bill.

Do you collect anything?

Pictures of my fur baby’s.

When did you become a Christian?

Many years ago, But was clueless.

Got any phobias you’d like to break?

???

Got any favorite quotes?

“In life it is important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong. "
" If you didn’t sail any ships, don’t expect yours to come in.”

What are your hobbies?

Golf, Scuba, Guitar, Hydroponic gardening

Bonus!

How long have you been a reader of our site?

Several years

3 Likes

Ahh, that’s awesome right there! :smile: :rofl: :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Love sNOwflakes comment about chatting with a liberal and them not walk off. I haven’t spoken with one yet who can handle the truth. They are an emotionally charged bunch!

1 Like

A year or so back I had a conversation with a liberal that was pretty good. I shared some of it on the site. They understood all the BS going on with the vaccines and lockdowns. They actually had a lot of good points on that.

Unfortunately, 30 minutes into the conversation she tells me her youngest son liked to wear dresses. Ohh boy.

2 Likes

Years ago, I developed a friendship with a couple (liberals) through golf. It doesn’t take long to find out you run out of things to talk about.
I tried another approach one time when the topic was broached about liberal or conservative. I suggested we take a piece of paper and draw a line down the middle with 2 sides and put down what are beliefs were. Pro or Con. I suggested that we were probably pretty close to the same beliefs if they could be discussed. I.E., abortion, pull your own weight, immigration, etc.
The fear of it turning out we were close in beliefs was too much for them to even try it.

They would rather hide their beliefs for fear of being wrong than learn something for self-improvement.

1 Like

UGH! THAT is what makes me want to cry. Literally. These poor children.

That was an excellent idea! But as we all know, the deception of the end times would be great. On the bright side - so many have actually changed their views. You never know when that light bulb will turn on in someone’s head. Keep planting those seeds and God will decide if they are to sprout and grow.

Hydroponics!! I also so hydro using the kratky method. I have been sticking to lettuces and greens. I started all my tomatoes and peppers this year with kratky and then planted them in soil outside.

Is the Kratky method using buckets? What keeps the water from becoming stagnant? I currently use the tower garden.

1 Like