Introduce Yourself!

Brandon I highly recommend staying where it is warm LOL! Glad to be on forum. My wife and I love the material!

2 Likes
  1. What was your first job?
    I helped my Dad build a 28’ halibut fishing boat in our garage in Alaska. He bought the hull and we built the deck and cabin by placing fiberglass sheets with glue over and over. It took a year and when we went to pull it out of the garage my dad had to cut off the top of the garage door. I remember the neighbors faces when we pulled it out! Lol. We lived on the ocean for 6 months fishing. Beautiful views, but rather a small boat for those seas. My Dad was an adventurist and taught me good work ethics.

2. Been pleasantly surprised by anything lately?
    I am disabled and surprised by how God is able to use me to bring others to Him. I am daily amazed by his tender loving kindness and blessings towards me.

3. What’s something you want to do in the next year that you’ve never done before?
    I would like to take my Mom to tulsa to see her sister and my aunt and cousins on my Dads side.

4. What’s your favorite place you’ve ever visited?
    Yellowstone

5. What’s the best advice you’ve ever heard?
    To not wait until i feel like doing something, but just do it and the feelings will follow. From my daughter.

6. Do you collect anything?
    I collect coins, silver and old postcards. Also vintage costume jewelry.

7. When did you become a Christian?
    30 some years ago. I found a bible study show on tv, and got up at 5 am every morning to watch it. I never looked back.

8. Got any phobias you’d like to break?
    Maybe spiders

9. Got any favorite quotes?
    Walk softly and carry a big stick. Lol Theodore Roosevelt

10. What are your hobbies?
    Facebook
    Bonus!

11. How long have you been a reader of our site? Not long

4 Likes

Oh that Alaska story is the BEST! That is one heck of a first job and i bet you made your dad so proud. What a well rounded learning experience.

Welcome to the group, I’m sure you will enjoy it as much as I do!

3 Likes

Welcome Darla! Enjoyed reading your questions :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Welcome, Darla! Your spider phobia made me laugh. I don’t like crickets and am not sure why. Funny thing is I like most bugs, even spiders but not crickets. Go figure!

I look forward to getting to know you. Have a fabulous day!

3 Likes

@Faith
Okay…now THAT made me laugh. Crickets??? I’m sitting here after 10 pm studying and quickly going thru WEB while listening to the beautiful sound of crickets. Don’t tell me you don’t like there chorus at night! :grin::worried::stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Welcome :heart: Awesome bio , glad your here with us :heart:

1 Like

Love your post! :heart: Okay, Kay. I will make myself like crickets :joy: I’ll remind myself that our Father made all creatures big and small. I admit that I love the cricket chorus. It reminds me of summer.

1 Like
  1. What was your first job?
    I started a lawn mowing business at 10 using my Dads mower until I made enough to purchase my own rider and weed eater in 1972.

2. Been pleasantly surprised by anything lately?
    This countries ability to abandon its foundation, just when you think it couldn’t get any worse :exploding_head:

3. What’s something you want to do in the next year that you’ve never done before?
    Retire, and travel the USA to all the places we’ve never seen before!

4. What’s your favorite place you’ve ever visited?
    All things Caribbean

5. What’s the best advice you’ve ever heard?
    Your future will depend on the books you read, and the people you associate with.

6. Do you collect anything?
    Scars

7. When did you become a Christian?
    I was 7 my cousins took me to their church I remember my mom saying it would be good for me, she was a pastors daughter but you know how that can go…I don’t remember the service per say but I remember saying the prayer to ask Christ into my life and to forgive my sins I felt like I was having an inner body experience all tingly and sweating it was a very large church. Lots of people there and I can remember sitting in one of the back pews thinking I was the only person in that church at that time doing what I was doing. I can remember it like it was yesterday.

8. Got any phobias you’d like to break?
    not really.

9. Got any favorite quotes?
    If you’re out-go exceeded your income, your upkeep will be your downfall

10. What are your hobbies?
    Fishing, Travel,

11. How long have you been a reader of our site?
    Not sure at least 3 years.

4 Likes

HA!!! Scars…yes, I collect them too! And what an experience you had at 7 yrs of age. Gave me the chills reading it.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @Freeclear, great intro.

I cracked up about the scars myself. :+1:t3:

1 Like

Hello, first time posting, longtime lurking/reading WEB.
I practice dentistry in west Texas, I graduated from Texas Tech University, and attended dental school at Baylor Hospital in Dallas.
WEB has been my go-to site for learning ,and understanding The Word. Hats off to Brandon and his staff for putting together this site.
I’m limited on time today, but will add to my post in the following days, i look forward to engaging with everyone on this board.

God bless us all,
-Mark

5 Likes

Happy to see you joining in the community!! It’s definitely my go to place with like minded people! God bless!!

2 Likes

Welcome aboard Dr. Mark!

2 Likes
  1. What was your first job? I worked part-time with my parents in a local distribution plant while attending school.

2. Have you been pleasantly surprised by anything lately? Well, I recently moved to the Netherlands, and I must admit that I am blown away by differences to the United States. They focus on being as healthy as you can here in the Netherlands. Many people ride bikes as their primary transportation. Not as many options for junk food, or you have to spend an expensive amount of money to have it shipped to you. And people are so kind. Perfect strangers will speak as they pass on the street.

3. What’s something you want to do in the next year that you’ve never done before? I would like to finish reading the bible from cover to cover for the first time. I am close. I think have eight more books to read.

4. What’s your favorite place you’ve ever visited? Anywhere in the mountains. God’s glory is always beautiful to see!

5. What’s the best advice you’ve ever heard? Let Go, Let God!
    For me learning I can’t control everything has been the hardest life lesson so far. While I have always believed, I never completely comprehended letting God into my life by sharing decisions until recently. Your life is your decisions. I had to understand that every decision I make is a reflection of who I am and my relationship with God.

6. Do you collect anything? I do not collect anything, but I am working to acquire books that will help me study the Father’s Word, and learn more about history.

7. When did you become a Christian? I began working in that direction when I was a young child. Then as a young adult, I went through the ceremony of being saved and baptized in a church. But I realized I messed up and I needed to correct that. Of course, there were a few years in between that realization. Being young and dumb is easy, you don’t always realize playing follow-the-leader can lead you down a bad path. So I began studying for myself around 2009, and feel as though I am more of a Christian now, than I have in the years before.

8. Got any phobias you’d like to break? None that I am not already working through with the Father’s help.

9. Got any favorite quotes?“Do something today, that makes tomorrow better” --Matt Carriker
    “Don’t allow anyone to make a second class citizen of a Christian!” Dr. Arnold Murray

10. What are your hobbies? I enjoy taking a walk in the afternoon when is quite and cool. I enjoy taking pictures of the birds and other wildlife. Being almost spring flowers are beginning to spring up. I’m excited to photograph them when they begin to bloom. God’s beauty.
    Bonus!

11. How long have you been a reader of our site? I discovered this site several years ago. I have been an on and off reader for about five years at least.

4 Likes

Really enjoyed what you shared with us , thank you :hugs: Hope your having a good day/night :heart:

Thank you! I hope you are having a blessed day

1 Like

Welcome! My day going good so far thank you. We are getting our winter storm now so hopefully not alot of snow lol

1 Like

I miss pastor Murray. I still listen to him from time to time. Welcome Amanda :heart:

1 Like

Welcome! Wow the Netherlands!! I don’t want to even leave my own state! :rofl:

And I agree 100%…once you build that personal relationship with Jesus, your life changes! Keeping Him involved with everything you do. All glory be to God! What a gift!

2 Likes