Why Is Society Collapsing? You Can Thank Generational Failures!

Full article at: Why Is Society Collapsing? You Can Thank Generational Failures! | World Events and the Bible

It’s gotten to the point that I’m numb to the news. Anyone else? I’d imagine my older readers have lost all hope of a decent future for their children and grandkids. I’m a Gen Xer, and even I can’t get over the state of the world. It’s like a lost cause. The Boomer generation was…

3 Likes

Proverbs
He who withholds his rod hates his son, But he who loves him disciplines him diligently.

We are not to "withhold "Truth…“discipline” is correction/chastening by speaking truth to them.

A Shepherds “rod” (of shepherd’s implement) or staff… was used by a shepherd to gently guide, direct the path of a sheep… not to beat it.
A shepherds rod was used to beat off wolves, the enemy… not to beat the sheep.

Jesus does not beat on the sheep, his people, He uses the rod to guide and direct, move us around.

Moses incorrectly used the rod or staff to beat the rock to get water out… He was reprimanded for beating the rock instead of speaking to the rock. Jesus is our Rock. The staff or rod, was Jesus helping Moses. Not to beat on people or to beat on Jesus the Rock.

We are to use Words, not violence… to SPEAK to GOd’s people… the “rod”/staff is used on the ENEMY, the wolf who tries to kill the sheep… not on the friend. We are not to beat on children , but speak Truth to them, and explain , information.

Lay a hand or a stick on a dog , and they will never trust you again.

I agree with you for the most part.
But there is a difference between controlled discipline and violence.

“WITHHOLD”:
to withhold, restrain, hold back, keep in check, refrain
(Qal)
to withhold, keep back, keep for oneself, keep from, hold in check, refrain, spare, reserve
to restrain, check
(Niphal) to assuage, be spared

“ROD”:
rod, staff, branch, offshoot, club, sceptre, tribe
rod, staff
shaft (of spear, dart)
club (of SHEPHERDS IMPLEMENT )
truncheon, sceptre (mark of authority)
clan, tribe

“Discipline”:
discipline, chastening, correction
discipline, correction
chastening

Would anyone want God to hit you with open hand or use a stick on you to hit you or would you rather He use his hand to MOVE you or use a staff to MOVE you or push you in a different direction?
Anyone ever dare to hit me, and I will hit back. “SPEAK” Truth.

You will hit back - even your parents.

1 Like

Hello, In your sin state, you cannot discipline or correct your children. You will do more damage because you will be a hypocrite. You have to correct yourself first or you will feel the guilt affecting your punishment. The remnant in this world will come to self-discipline out of the love of God and then your correction and punishment will be just - and the children will know and feel it. Great article.

1 Like

My life experience, born in the 50’s Adults did not tolerate unruly and disrespectful children
period, ever! Every time I got the belt I knew it was coming just as sure as the sun rises in the east, and I knew why. Can you imagine raising four boys born two years apart with out discipline and respect? None of us would ever raise a hand against our mother, not because we were afraid, but because we loved her dearly and we knew she loved us dearly. And I promise you when we had a whipping coming she did her duty. Once I remember her sobbing after a whipping that I deserved. I went to her and said, Momma what’s wrong? I could never stand it to see my momma cry, that hurt me much worse than the belt. She made sure us boys knew God and every time we said or did something stupid I could see the disappointment in her eyes and I became ashamed.

I grew up with some kids that would disrespect and even be mean to their mom’s, the way I was raised, it was shocking to me. Ugly! Discipline? you bet! Abuse? no, it’s never ok.
our culture today it took 50 years to develope. but it could be corrected in one generation. goes, it took 50 years to decay to the point we are at now. but it could be corrected in 20yrs.
If the parents are not dsciplined the children will be worse and so on. Thats were we are.
From my own experience it does take two parents on the same page. When I made mistakes, and I made plenty of them, too many to count. But my wife filled in the gaps and likewise.
I’ve said it before and know it to be true. 'whether you are raising children, or building a space ship to the moon. the constant of excessive tolerance is rapid and premature failure and that applies to everything, even to ourselves, our own lives.

2 Likes

Sorry I need a new mouse. when I try to edit it jumps two lines. so I cant tell where I’m at.

1 Like

My two older daughters weren’t grown with The Lords Word. Right now they are not like the world, but are much more disrespectful than my two youngers. These are being raised following The Word of The Lord. They are respectful, they work in the house.Etc.
Every word that is in The Bible is for our help and care. Every last one of them.
Please don’t be like the world, and do not spare the rod with your children. It means to chastise them betimes, to discipline them. Not to damage them. They will for sure Thank you later on. And first and foremost, The Lord, too.

3 Likes

God does not hit his “lambs” or his “sheep” with a stick/rod HAND or whatever you use. They don’t even belong to you… they belong to God. You are beating on one of God’s children.

I will hit back at any “wolf” who tries to hit me. God is a personal intimate Creator who speaks to us.

Jesus did NOT beat on ANYONE with His rod or His hand…Did Moses or any of the other Bible people ? …NO…

It was a bunch of “wolves” who beat on Jesus. He allowed it because He had to die for our sins .

Don’t any of you who call yourselves Christian EVER tell me to beat on another Christian in any way instead of speaking and reasoning and taking the words back to what they mean and common sense.

Each person will stand before God and answer to Him… and there will be no excuses.
Change your ways if you have been incorrectly understanding what a Shepherds Rod/staff is for as explained.

Why not take them aside and talk about God and the Bible and Jesus and explain things instead of hitting?

2 Likes

Again… go look up the Words for yourself as I posted above meanings,(rod, discipline, withhold, and do some research on how a good shepherd uses his staff to guide and propel the sheep… not to beat them.

If a child is doing wrong… Why not take the Bible,God’s word and find what God says about their behaviour and READ IT TO THEM straight from the mouth of God… His way and why… explain it… God says how He expects us to act and behave…we ALL have to obey it and He is the Father, Creator.

If In a nursing home, a resident takes a strap and starts hitting the others in the room… do the nursing staff there take the strap away and start beating that person or join in and beat also or just stand there and let the person keep strapping them??
People dont know better until they know better because it is explained to them…, we do not hit people. The nursing staff would take the strap away. They may have to isolate that person until they calm down… some people need medication if there is a mental disorder.
Children do not have mature brains… and some people lose their brain when they get older.

If someone has been doing something incorrectly… change.

Ask God about it. Seriously…
Making lewd jokes is not appropriate or appreciated or funny at all.

too bad i couldn’t put more hugs and everything else on that post. some people just need to lighten up a bit!!! i thought that it was funny myself.

3 Likes

Well how sad… I guess we will see how funny God thinks it all is since He is the judge.

It is just a joke, nothing more than that, your making something so small into a mountain of nothing.

3 Likes

I dont take anything that God says or is Written as “small” or to be made a joke or dismissive.

We obviously are on opposite sides of the issue… so be it.
Each person is responsible for themselves for what they believe .

HI, Gen Xer here; If God made us in His image, then He truly has a wonderful sense of humor. While some take being funny as some kind of direct insult, perhaps our Father is pleased that we are lovingly communicating about Him in the first place. Loving Him and trying to do the best we all can as we muddle through this Earth age, patiently awaiting the next is what He wants I think. Many people stand outside of faith because they often find the Christian community judgmental and rigid VS the vivacious brothers and sisters that we actually are. I have raised five children, all extremely productive members of society, God loving, kind and funny…and they all got an spanking when necessary. Life has consequences, and children who learn that rarely break into a home, steal a car or do drugs. You can think and feel however you wish, but so can everyone else, I doubt God seeks a day off with assisting Him in judging others. A verbal attack of others can often times be harder mentally than a physical attack, food for thought.

1 Like

I think I have clearly said that God is the judge.
I tried to present the truth. YOu are not answering to me, but to God, just like I am.

Apparently the only thing we can agree on this issue is that…: “You can think and feel however you wish”, and so can I.

Wisdom from Solomon in God’s Word.

Pro 23:13 Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.

Pro 23:14 Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.

Pro 22:15 Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.

Psa 89:32 Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes.