Small prayer request

Hi. I have a small prayer request that is huge to our family. One of our cats, Simon, got out Wednesday night and hasn’t returned. He always fights to get outside but usually returns within 30 minutes. I know cats can take a day or two to return but right now we are heartbroken. God knows where he is and I know nature can be cruel. I ask for a safe journey home. We miss him so much. Thank you!!

4 Likes

I’ll be praying for your little Simon. We had one of our cats (which are indoor/outdoor cats) disappear for over a month. I often wonder if she was locked in someone’s storage shed or garage during part of that time. Just remember, during this time, don’t put pictures in your head of what might have happened. That makes it even harder to bare.

2 Likes

Will do and already have.

2 Likes

thank you Kay. My mind is going from, some family taking care of him to he was Coyote lunch.
I’m still holding out hope that he will show up in the garage or porch.

1 Like

Thank you, Cozar. I really appreciate you taking a moment to pray.

1 Like

Take the coyote lunch out of your head! Cats are pretty darn smart and can climb trees. My little Butterscotch kitty thinks she can make friends with all wildlife and STILL tries to befriend the fox family here.

1 Like

you are more than welcome, we will continue to pray for you guys.

2 Likes

According to Your Will Father, Please may Simon come home, may his family feel no dread about their fur baby , no matter what, Thank you Lord for listening,In Jesus Christ Name Amen

3 Likes

Thank you Ericka,
The “feel no dread” hit home. Perfect words.
My wife is the cool headed one, I’m the emotional basket case now.

1 Like

Thank you, I will. They are pretty smart aren’t they. I’m allowing the worry & anxiety to get the better of me. I guess I’m not as tough as I thought I was haha.
I can’t even imagine what pain parents go through with the loss of a child.

2 Likes

Welcome Ken
Very understandable!

1 Like

Prayers sent for Simon.

2 Likes

We all said a prayer for your kitty Mr. Ken.

I want to say I shared the story before… Our cat, Panther, got lost we’ll call it, at an RV park we were at five years ago. She never wanders off. A big storm that night, she never came back, not even the next day. I know how you’re feeling brother.

We prayed and prayed some more. Five days later, I hear a meow at the door. I didn’t alert my wife and kids, I thought I was losing it. I get up, open the door, and there she is. We all freaked out and thanked God! She wasn’t the same for several months, really jumpy. She settled down, but she never goes beyond our sight.

Praying Simon comes home the same.

3 Likes

Thank you so much! We really appreciate your prayers

1 Like

I remember that story, and Wow thank you for sharing again. He’s an indoor cat but is obsessed with getting out. I’m hoping he just on a nice little adventure, then come home. I’m doing everything I can, posting in local FB groups, signs, notified neighbors, contacted local vet, and animal services for our county. I feel good when doing something, but when I sit and think that’s when the pain sets in. A bunch of people are praying for his return and I know God knows exactly where Simon is and what he is feeling. Please Lord, just this one time lead him home. Thank you.

1 Like

You’re doing it brother!

I’m right there with you. I prayed so hard when Panther was lost. I told the Lord, even if something happened to her, you can bring her back. No one has to know. Please just this once.

It’s crazy how these fur babies get so latched to our heart. :pray:

2 Likes

Thank you and everyone here for the thoughts and prayers. I truly means a lot.
The last couple of nights I woke up around 3am. Each time I go outside to my backyard and pray for a moment. It is completely silent and dark. It’s so peaceful and surreal. I think that will be a thing for me going forward when I can’t sleep.

1 Like

Just came to check if there was any new news. I’m still praying! And yes to that praying in the middle of the night outside! I do that same - even in the dead of winter…regardless how cold it is.

1 Like

Hello Ken, I will add my prayers for the safe return of your cute little friend Simon.
We have had many cats over the years. Until recently we lived in northern Minnesota surrounded by thousands of acres of forest. I put a cat door on our home so our cats were free to come and go as they pleased. They usually made it home daily, but occasionally if they found something interesting, they would stay away for two or three days. We had one cat that regularly was gone for a couple weeks, but he always came home. You would think with all the dangers out in the wood our cats wouldn’t last very long, but most of our cats made it close to 20 years old— our oldest was 22. They are amazing creatures and are very good at taking care of themselves. Keep the faith! :heart: Simon

3 Likes

Hi Kay, thank you for checking in. He’s still out there somewhere. I’ve been working on getting the word out.

3 Likes