Small prayer request

Hi Oldman, thank you for sharing this. It is very comforting to us. I’m praying the same for him.

2 Likes

Hello family, I wanted to check in with an update.
Simon hasn’t returned yet, but I know he will in due time. I have several camera’s and feeding stations setup to try and get a sighting. Lots of flyer out too. I had a lady with two pet locator scent dogs come out last week. Apparently my little man has been quite active. I feel he is answering the “nature” call, and he will come home when he’s ready and God will guide him. My little Prodigal Cat. If you could please keep him in your prayers we would be very grateful.

3 Likes

Ken, sending prayers for Simon.

Our daughter recently moved to a new home and brought her beloved “Coon” cat. The first 2 nights he was fine but then begged to go out. So there he went - not to return. 2 months went by and she’s driving the rural highway - over 1/2 mile
from new home - and sees something jump at her truck. She turns back around and gets out. There’s her Coon!! A miracle for sure! He was pretty thin but happy to be home! The adventures of a cat!

Again, sending prayers for Simon.

2 Likes

Thank you for the update - funny that I checked last night before I went to sleep if you had updated and was gonna post a comment and chose to wait for you to update - lo and behold, you update today!

Continued prayers and loved the “Prodigal Cat” comment! He’s just out there sowing his wild oats. (And that’s really cool about the pet locator scent dogs!)

2 Likes

Now that is amazing - jumped at her truck!! God is so very good. What a beautiful story. :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Martha, thank you for sharing this. It is very comforting. I know Simon will be home, and God will guide him in due time. I’m not really worried about him now, I just miss him.

Kay, Thank you for your prayers and concern. It really means a lot to our family. Yes I know he will be back once he is done playing “wild cat”. The Pet Locator, Linda, really put my mind at ease. I will be sure to give everyone updates.

2 Likes

Hey family, a quick update on my Prodigal Furbaby.
I have 3 camera’s setup, and Tuesday night he showed up in my garage for a brief visit. He didn’t stay long, but at least I know he is alive and close by. He was skittish.
Through our work and God’s provision I know Simon will be home in due time. Please keep praying for him and for my patience! :grinning: :pray:

2 Likes

That little stinker!!! That had to have been such a relief for all of you. He really does want to be that outside kitty for a while. Continued prayers my friend!!

BTW - that look Simon has on the picture you shared…every time I look at it now I think he’s saying “Ya…you go on a vacation without me and you’re surprised that I wanted a little get away??” :rofl:

1 Like

I’m sure he is enjoying his time outside, at least I hope he is. I believe he will get it out of his system and return home. He didn’t visit last night, so we went from highest of highs to lowest of lows. I’m trusting the Lord that he will guide him back in due time. It may not be on my desired timing, but eventually he will. I know cats are ungrateful, selfish, inconsiderate, stubborn, but I believe even the Lord can direct him home :innocent: :pray:

2 Likes

Ken, fantastic news, thanks for sharing!

I have to say, after hearing about the camera footage, I think Simon just might be a player… :grin:

You know him well. He is a total player! 13 years of shelter, food, vet bills, cuddles and this is the thanks I get. I’m losing sleep, shed tears, worry & pray.
He’s most likely in the woods laughing at me and giving me the middle paw. :sunglasses:

Hang in there!! His middle paw will eventually get tired :wink:. Continued prayers!!

Still praying my friend! HUGS!!

2 Likes

Thank you so much :blush:
He’s still out there and I know the Lord will guide him home in due time. I’m keeping the cameras and food station going until then. Me and Rocky the Raccoon are on a first name basis :rofl:

1 Like

Okay…I’m gonna go off topic for a moment here to tell a little story:

When I was young (about 5 or 6) our neighbor across the cul-de-sac s woke up in the middle of the night to a car horn blowing…turns out is was their car and a racoon had gotten inside and was blowing the horn! This racoon was such a friendly guy, they ended up keeping it as a pet and they named him Rocky of course. I would play with their son in their sandbox and Rocky would be in his large fenced in area watching us. I now live next door to this house - the parents are now passed but the oldest son lives there. He is carrying on his parents tradition of feeding the wildlife. <3 I watch him go out with his pail of food and jug of water as the deer gather around him, yet keeping a little distance, waiting for their food. Later the turkey and the coons and all kinds of animals come. BTW - our one rescue kitty was born under their porch. :wink:

3 Likes

That’s a great story. Thank you for sharing. My Rocky looks a little grumpy right now. Raccoons are cute and smart. Probably would make a good pet :smiley::raccoon:

Racoons are also little stinkers some times. I don’t feed the cats on the deck anymore bc I don’t want the momma bringing her 4 littles ones up here! But yes, adorable and SMART!