Should Christians Celebrate Halloween?

Full article at: Should Christians Celebrate Halloween? | World Events and the Bible

Halloween is founded on everything God hates. Yet, some will tell us we should celebrate “Christian Halloween”. These are vain words of the world.

5 Likes

It’s so easy to fall into the traditions of men. I participated in many halloween events over the years, but don’t any longer.

3 Likes

It’s unfortunate it took years for me to research this topic. It’s unbelievable, and really eye opening to become aware of what this tradition is based on. And how people just talk it away, or validate their reasons for being apart of it. I don’t feel comfortable celebrating it, or having my kids apart of it. But it’s even crazier how people have questioned us like, “it’s just fun for the kids!….they are Christians so they don’t have to worry!…etc etc”

4 Likes

I agree, I wish I would have researched it sooner. And I was one of them that said, “it’s for the kids”. Makes me cringe.

4 Likes

Nope never. Don’t even acknowledge it.

What I now find so sorrowful is the rebranding of Halloween as “Trunk or Treat” by many churches. You can have “Trunk or Treat” on another night, say no scary costumes, but it is still, imho, Halloween. It is also a way to make money as I have seen “Trunk of Treat” kits in Walmart…

1 Like

What does everyone think of the fall festival that the churches have instead?

When my children were younger, I would not let them participate with the traditions of Halloween. They were so angry at me because, I would not let them go trick or treating. My husband would say, the same stuff… like it’s fun for the kids. The in-laws would make remarks as well. Of course, I was the mean parent in the family. I hold that title honorably with no regrets.

3 Likes

Thanks Brandon for enlightening. In Angola this festival does not exist but CARNAVAL, as in portuguese. But one thing I have also been overwhelmed with are the practises carried out by the so called SPIRITUAL and PENTECOSTAL CHURCHES. In this country, the so called pastors and prophets, prophesy and predict to the believers that they are possessed by demons or bewitched by their members of family that’s why they cannot prosper, have children or good welfare. Many families have separated and homed deserted.

I admit i was confused as a young kid as to why we were celebrating monsters and witches ??
by the time I was 9 I felt awkward going door to door asking for candy, too old for that. same as Easter eggs and Santa. Back in the day we went door to door on our own block and knew our neighbors and the kids made a haul pretty quick. I never felt my faith was threatened or compromised or my character. It was just a spoof and and a way to get free candy.
Things have changed ‘bigtime’ since then. The first time I saw Merry Xmas I was very offended, it stopped me in my tracks. I wasn’t alone, their was an outrage, Sadly it wasn’t a large enough amount of people to stop it. When the Lords prayer was banned at public schools, the outrage was not loud enough to make a difference. And everything has snowballed on it’s way to hell since. ’ happy holidays! Isn’t that coy?

1 Like

This is an easy one to avoid. Def a demonic hoilday. I enjoy to push against it. :face_vomiting: nothing but facts in this vid. Many will get offended :man_shrugging:

I have a boss who goes around saying, “Merry! Merry!” to all the patrons. She cannot bring herself to say, “Merry Christmas” like I do.

She will some day Donna.

This guy is a holier than thou loud mouth that pushes people away from God.
Don’t do as I do, do as I say. Never acknowledging his own short comings. I can’t help but think the he has some serious emotional issues.

Hey thanks for the comment

Not saying i agree with that guy with everything. But i 100% back what he’s saying about halloween. Once you study halloween and learn about witches and warlocks you see this is not a game.

1 Like

Jeff, that’s my point. I do not want to ‘study’ or read about or delve into it. Too dangerous.
Especially to spiritual sensitive people. Jesus say’s ‘knock and the door will open’ the same is true for Satan. Oh yeah, evil spirits are very real and dangerous. I know that to be true from personal experience. Later jeff.

1 Like

That’s cool bro. Glad you have knowledge of it. We just gotta pray others can come to the truth also.

2 Likes