God’s Promises Are Conditional

Full article at: God’s Promises Are Conditional | World Events and the Bible

Nearly all of the promises God makes are conditional. We have a great example with king Solomon who failed to hold his end of the bargain, so neither did God.

Even David and Solomon. Two of the greatest of ancient times. But we have the blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ. In repentance in the name of Jesus He will blot our sins.
David was so close to God. It is noticed in the Psalms. Uncountable times he was at the edge of death but he always trusted in The Lord. This is not easy.
Thank you for the insight Bran.

1 Like

I think I know the example and context you are referring to. But how many common people searching for Christ would read it and confirm to themselves, 'it’s no use I can’t be perfect. I guess I’m doomed to hell, If someone that close to God is not worthy, 'I sure don’t have a chance 'and they fall further away from God. Does that make sense? At the end of John 3:16 you wont find the word ‘unless’
A person searching for Christ needs to hear that if and when they ‘truly’ believe in Christ and do their best to follow him [lots of stumbles] get back up and keep trying. Never loose your faith in him no matter what. you will not perish but have everlasting life in heaven just as he promised. John 14:2 God knows the heart. Many proclaim 'I am a Christian. The Lord knows his own, and those who are liars.

I felt compelled to add that, for that person searching who might stumble upon this room and be repelled by your comment.

You stole my thunder. I was thinking the same thing. And many teachers fail to “rightly divide” as we are instructed to do in 2 Timothy 2:15. Many things have changed from Old Testament times because we are in a different DISPENSATION. In OT times, sins were atoned for by the blood of animals as a shadow of the Lamb of God, Jesus Christ. To make the claim that God’s promises are conditional for we who are under the Blood of Christ is to cause controversy. I wasn’t going to come here today but my inbox got this notification and the title really caught my eye (not in a good way) and I came to say just about the same thing you did, Kevin. I am going to have to scrutinize this website for similar issues before I recommend it to anyone. Great blessings and peace to you as we await our Blessed Hope, very soon to become our glorious reality!

A good reminder for me.

1Jn 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

2Ch 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

I counted the word “If” six times there.

Sounds conditional to me. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@yakityyak and @Jim_Dee, perhaps you took today’s message the wrong way?

The example concerned Solomon, and how he had a promise from God, but broke that promise and nullified it. That’s true, and in my opinion, it’s a perfect example for us. It reminds us to stay focused on God, not the cares and rewards of the world. If we fail to do that, we can lose our place in Heaven.

It was truly a two fold message, to show, the nation Israel was dissolved, and of course, what I just explained.

Now today, we have the promise of eternal life if we believe in Jesus Christ. So there’s your “unless” condition. Not everyone will be saved, the Bible is clear on that, only “if” we believe in Jesus and live according to the Bible.

Also, “if” we believe, but turn away from God:

2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

So there’s yet another example that we can lose the conditional promise of eternal life. Personally, I think that’s a positive reminder, to stay focused on God. These are dark days, we need to remain focused on God so we do not veer away from the narrow path like the world is.

I’m sorry it was received as a negative message for you two.

2 Likes

Hello, I just want to respectfully add a couple things here. The Bible does say that God “changed His mind” at times but that is for the purpose of expressing it to the reader. For example, God always knew that mankind would be evil before the flood but that God “repented” for making man was for the sake of the reader and not that God didn’t have prior knowledge. I think that it is imperative that we rightly divide God’s written word and understand that He is a KEEPER of promises not a breaker of them. We also understand He is Sovereign (control over all things seen and unseen) so verses worded like Genesis 6:6 must be understood as such.
I do have issue with your website regrettably not addressing the single biggest subject regarding the Bible in these days - the pretribulational Rapture of the Church. I searched your blog and topics and didn’t see any mention of this. We are so very, very close to the “catching away of the Saints” that every Bible believing Christian should have this at the forefront of his mind. It is all that I can think of in these days and the closeness is a RECENT development (last 4 years) as we see ALL these things happening at one time which before recently that has not been the case.
God has chosen we who are alive right now as a VERY privileged group of people! Of all the people He has made over history, He has chosen that you and I should be alive at THE time in the history of mankind which sees the RETURN of Jesus Christ! Bible prophecy and current world events are such that those who study and rightly divide the word of truth EVERYDAY are certain that many of us alive right now will not taste death! (1 Corinthians 15:51) but will skip over death and go directly to be with The Lord in our glorified, immortal bodies! What could be more interesting or encompassing than this??? I truly can’t understand how some (many actually) Christians do not know or believe this.
Perhaps you do believe in the truth of the pretribulational Rapture in which case we can happily talk more on the subject. I didn’t look THAT close, only at your timeline under the “about” section of this site. Blessings and peace be to you.

These two studies helped me with clarification concerning the Pre-Trib-Rapture.

3 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Debate about the rapture

I agree with you but then you have people like beyonce that say in their teens I love God follow Jesus and she did gospel music. Now she is married to a satan worshiper. She is a witch and does witchcraft. She also is a part of the yoruba religion. So, I tend to think these are the ones God fully turns his back on because they openly hate him and follow satan and are trying to get as many on board with them as possible.

1 Like

You repeated what I said in my comment. Thx.

I think you missed my point. The best way to lead a person to Christ is to tell them to read the gospels. Then shut up! Christ will take it from there. That was my point. If I have to take a test on my knowledge of the old testament [condition] then I will be rejected. Understand?

My 2 cents are that the church of today focuses on saying Christ is love. He loves everyone. But what does that mean? You can’t know or love someone or something without proper study or involvement. You could still be a biblical scholar and not know Christ. How many marriages are out there where the 2 don’t even know each other. They play house. Some play church. Love takes a personal relationship.

Many people read John 3:16 and think they are fulfilling their duty to the promise. They believe He exists. The only time they reach out is when they need something. He doesn’t owe us anything, but he promised to keep His promise if we do our part. He kept His promises to David even though the leaders after him were evil. It is a contract surrounded by love, just like a marriage. We can fail Him, but He can’t fail us. He is perfect and can’t break His word. There are parameters to the wedding invite.

John 3:16 tells us of the lengths He was willing to go to be able to adopt us into His family.

Many of the gay community say, Jesus loves me, He created me the way I am, and He doesn’t want me to be unhappy and you have no right to judge me.

The Lord hates the wicked. Psalms 11:5. This is why the world, Satan’s domain, changes the terms for everything. There is no wicked anymore.

2 Likes

I agree with you 100%

Cozar The word in question was ‘unless’ not ‘if’ Hon.

I’m not a Hon.

Have a great day!!