Did God Create All Nations From One Blood?

Full article at: Is “One Blood Came All Nations” Biblical? - Acts 17:26 Explained | World Events and the Bible

Acts 17:26 has confused many Christians. Is Scripture telling us all races came from Adam and Eve, or is there another meaning?

2 Likes

I have a question. If there were other people created before Adam and Eve, why would they be under the curse of Adam and Eve’s sin?

1 Like

That does make sense and I have to agree with that. Mainly because after Cain killed Able, he went away to the land of Nod and took a wife, naturally we wondered, 'took a wife from who? there had to be other tribes of people.

Gen 6:2 When the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair, and they took them wives of all which they chose.
Gen 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days, and ‘also’ after that, when the sons of God came unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of OLD, men of renown.
[the way I read it , the Giants were present before the sons of God took the daughters of men for wives.]
angels came down and took daughters of men for wives and their offspring were giants.

Fair question MayFlather. There is evidence that people were on the earth long before God Made Adam and Eave and the garden. Brandon explained that a while back. It made sense.
The bible is not the whole story for sure.

1 Like

Thanks for another great lesson and for including a link to Codex Sinaiticus. I wasn’t aware it existed; I’ve already checked it out and found it very easy to use.

Brandon said: “Therefore, the “one” being referenced, is most likely the dust of the earth that mankind was created from.”

As a retired potter I always liked that definition since clay is end product of erosion, or you might even say dust.

One summer when I was in college, I worked in a science lab where they did mass spectrometry on geological samples. One of the scientists once said to me “Did you know if you dry out a human body and pulverize it and test a sample, you will find the chemical analysis to be very similar to most clay?”

4 Likes

Brandon,
When i first read your bible study, some time back, about a preademic creation it just made sense. It still does make sense but in doing much research, there are strong arguments that intepret scripture to say Genesis 2 is just an in depth/expanded version of the sixth day creation from Genesis 1. There are other scripural verses such as Genesis 3:20, where Adam names Eve as the “mother of all the living” that others use to reinforce this interpretation. If i myself read Genesis chapter 1 and 2, your preademic interpretaion just makes more sense to me on a gut level when i read the verses. Regardless, and in the end, the most important and indisputable fact is we were all Gods creation. There are so many things in all of creation that i want to understand and hope that in the end God will reveal all to use when he sees fit.

1 Like

My only issues with gen 2 being a more zoomed in story about gen 1 is that its not in the same order at all. Just does not add up to me. Lots of did theories in early gen makes it interesting.

the Scripture says one dust, races was created on the sixth day, Adam was created on the eight day two thousand years later.

1 Like

I have no problem with the 6th and 8th day creation. Was there incest within the 8th day creation in order to keep the bloodline pure?

1 Like

My first time hearing of Codex as well.

Rhona, how do you figure that? Granted there was incest in those days Gen19:36. Are you referring to Adam and Eave ?

Hi Kevin. I should have explained it better. When they were told to be fruitful and multiply…
where did Adam and Eve’s offspring find their mates? And still keep the pure bloodline from which our Savior would be born.

10-4 that is why I said that there had to be other tribes living before Adam and Eve. Of course Caine killed Able. But Cain moved away from the garden and traveled to the land of Nod. Where he took a wife and had offspring. That’s why I said earlier that obviously the bible doesn’t tell the whole story. Adam and Eve had another son Seth and more sons and daughters over his 800 yr life span. I agree that it gets complicated. lots of questions. I hope Brandon will shine alittl lite in this for us.

I’ve also wondered as many have, why The book o Enoch wasn’t included in the bible ?
Was it because he was the first born of Cain?