Anyone Doing any Gardening?

We have lots of wild leeks here which we love!

I find those pictures to be beautiful.

Should be on a Christmas card.

Any pictures to share with us? :grinning:

Oh yes! Itā€™s awe inspiring and also serene! The silence when all the trees are coated like that is amazing. I tend to appreciate all the snowā€¦and actually, in my younger years loved to have fun 4-wheelinā€™ in it too. LOL Now there are too many idiots on the road and donā€™t trust their driving skillsā€¦city folk moving out here and they donā€™t get the whole ā€œcountry roadsā€ thing. In regards to appreciating the beauty of the snow - I enjoy it now because I donā€™t believe we will have it in the 3rd world ageā€¦but who knows!

First time growing carrots in 5gl pickle buckets.
Grown from seed.

Orange is Bolero, red is Ruby Pak, yellow is Gold Nugget

Our state of the art wash bin.

After they had a bath.

A couple of them ready for the oven.
Garlic powder, Adobo powder, grass fed butter, and pepper.

Thanks for looking!

4 Likes

Wow you all have some impressive gardens and a wealth of knowledge. You are now my go-to. Iā€™ll be prepping my garden in about a month. This year, a variety of peppers, tomatoes, herbs, radishes, snap peas.
Iā€™m still eating the pickled peppers from last year :smile:

We are also in Amish country so countless farms around with roadside vegetable stands. When I get lazy, I buy from them. :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

I have an inside garden growing now. I have a fig tree, lemon tree and olive tree. I also have a pineapple started. I have some basil and thyme too.

As of today, we cannot even begin to think about planting, we have a Norā€™easter heading our way. :disappointed: I was so looking forward to an early springā€“not happening.

1 Like

So, then you know what road apples are. Which state?

:smile: yes, road apples and road applesauce. Very familiar with them.
I am in the north east corner of Maryland. Several Amish farms in our county and I am 15 minutes away from Lancaster County, PA which is Amishland. I see horse & buggies every day.
How about yourself?

1 Like

I am from Lancaster County. Place called Lititz. Moved to Florida and am going to move to NC in the near future. So, they say I will be a half back.

Iā€™m very familiar with Lititz. Dutch Wonderland!!

So I am in Cecil County MD. Colora to be exact.

Then you are near the Rising Sun. Been down that way when I was still wet behind the ears.

You probably know Shady Maple, Millers Smorgasbord, Kitchen Kettle Village.

1 Like

I go to Rising Sun just about every day. Been to Shady Maple but not the others. My gun club is in Quarryville PA.
Small world.

1 Like

YES!!! Those are some real beauties!! I had thought about doing that last year and now this year I totally forgot!! I love using grow bags and the 5 gal bucket idea for carrots make a lot of sense. You should check out Larry Hallā€™s rain gutter grow system on youtube. He has since passed, but his wife and a friend keep his videoā€™s alive and they have a FB group as well. Itā€™s basically a self watering system. I was going to try that this year, but not sure if Iā€™ll get to it or not.

But now I have to go back and order more seeds bc I forgot about the carrots.

1 Like

Iā€™ve given up on early springs! The snow just keeps on comingā€¦HOPEFULLY after our low of 10 deg tonight we will get our 40ā€™s coming soon. But the maple syrup is flowing in Wisconsin!

Never thought about growing an olive tree! How cool is that!!

2 Likes

I planted an apple seed three years ago from an apple I was eating. after two years in a clay pot it finally started to thrive. I donā€™t know when I should plant it in the yard. Should I cut it back?
I would hate to loose it.

2 Likes

Looking Good!

How long till maturity on those critters?

I would say mid-summer. The cold blast we had late December stunted them as you can see. ā€™

I have another bed of them. So far 15 have small pineapples on them.

2 Likes

The maple syrup is flowing in New Hampshire too!

Olives are one of my favorite fruitā€“itā€™s actually a bush more so than a tree.

I also have a lot of aloe growing. An interesting thing is it is best to grow them in bedrooms, because in the day they stay dormant and at night they produce lots of oxygen.

2 Likes