Why Don't Christians Follow The Old Testament?

Full article at: Why Don’t Christians Follow The Old Testament? | World Events and the Bible

Today, Christians are not obligated to follow every aspect of the Old Testament. When Jesus came, He fulfilled much of it, by becoming it.

3 Likes

I agreed with your answer to Kevin’s questions 100%. Jesus granted all people spiritual sovereignty and condemned organized spiritual laws ‘God’s’ of the world, telling us there is only one God. Our father who art in heaven. In Mathew 6 he tells us how and where to prey and what to prey, ‘the lords prayer’. Our reward will be in heaven, not in the world, we will be judged by the content of our hearts, not our worldly riches and cleverness. If we truly believe and trust in the father he will grant us the things he knows we have NEED of, and in abundance. Do not be led to hell by men of the world. Read the gospels very carefully as many times as it takes to understand the perfect wisdom of our, 'your lord. I’ll close with John 14:2 -3

2 Likes

Love this blog post! I have to admit, I really love reading the OT. So much to learn and brings clarity to what is happening today…and always has happened - time and time again.

One thing that caught my eye when reading this:

Christians do not need to wear certain fabrics as God instructed the Israelites, (Leviticus 19:19, Deuteronomy 22:11) . God required that (no doubt) to set the Israelites apart from the people of the land.

I have read that 100% Linen can actually help to heal the body and protect it from environmental damage. And as many people know, polyester and a lot of the fabrics today are not good for your health - especially the ones treated with flame retardant.

Didn’t mean to go off topic, but just thought it was interesting.

1 Like

I respect your beliefs as that is how I was taught growing up;in saying that, from what I have read for myself …GOD does not change HIS covenant nor alter the words that come from his lips.
Psalm89:34
Malachi 3:6
In fact He has 6 covenants with mankind and they all still stand.
The 7th covenant” the covenant of peace” will come in the millennial kingdom that is so very close.
Messiah said Himself in Matthew 5:17-19
(Paraphrasing)
Think not that I have come to destroy the law or the prophets I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.
He did not come to “destroy” but put Torah back in It’s proper place because the Israelites were not even following the Law of GOD anymore.

GOD told Moses “Do not add to it or take away “
(Deuteronomy 12:32)
Don’t step to the left(take away)
Don’t step to the right (add))

And 3 times He also tells them in Duet 12 and once back in Exodus—do not take which is of pagan origin(angel worship/foreign gods),and use it to worship(conjunction/syncretism) of the One True living God.
(Ezekiel 8 is the vision given to Ezekiel while he was lying in Babylon he sees the men back in Jerusalem holding censors and worshipping foreign gods in Gods Temple while GOD is still in it with them…(He leaves Ezekiel 10 right before the Babylonians come in)…worshipping the host of heaven(angels 70) the sun and the moon and women weeping for Tammuz
Or what’s called lent in Catholicism right before Easter.
All of these pagan worships came out of ancient Canaan, Sumeria/Babylon(Nimrod) then to Egypt then Rome and now across the western world.

(The scribes and Pharisees were following the man made laws added to the Torah made by the members of the Sanhedrin …after the house of Judah returned from Babylon.
They are called the “rabbinic fences” which I was not afforded to hear in Sunday School.
They written in 3 separate waves over time.
Such as:
Acts 11:28 A Jew should not have the company of a gentile.
Matthew 15:4 if a person was granted a gift by God it had to be given to the temple instead of honoring father/mother
Mark 7:3-9 washing of the hands (with the two handed cup) “tradition of the elders”
Messiah rebukes them by the prophet Isaiah

Fulfill -He came to fulfill the prophecies written as witnesses of Who He was -
The promised prophet of God Deut 18:15-19
He walked into the temple in Nazareth on the Sabbath Day as his custom was…after Judgement Day(Yom Kippur) and proclaimed Isaiah 61:1-2 and then stopped and rolled up the scroll.(Luke 4:16-21)

W/O …saying “And the Day of Vengeance of our God”
That will be on the next Yom Kippur (judgement Day)
It begins with “feast of trumpets” coming up in Sept. in the yearly commemoration.
(It had been roughly 4000 years since Adams fall.)

The Book of Isaiah builds into great detail that He is the First and Last,the redeemer, and there is no other God than Him.

The lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
His name:The Word of God(Rev19:13)
Every prophet in the Old Testament starts out by saying the word came to me “saying” or similar form depending on your Bible.
When “saying” is written before quotations that is a direct quote out of the mouth of God.
Or it will be written “Behold” meaning shut up and listen this is important.

If it came out of the mouth of Moses,any of Gods chosen Prophets or Messiahs own lips you can take it to the bank it does not change for HE in His own words say He does not. If He were to change He would not be God.
. Satan is the father of lies. (John 8:44)

John 1:1 in the beginning was the Word,and the Word was with God and the Word was God.
John 1:14 and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us

For assuredly(amen),I say to you,until heaven and earth pass away (Rev 21)one jot or tittle will by no means pass away from the law till all is fulfilled.
19) whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so,shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven,but whoever does and teaches ( “them” in italics… so not original language.but we get the point ) shall be called greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Paul wrote “…every word of scripture is GOD breathed (2Timothy3:16)
profitable for doctrine,reproof,for correction,for instruction in righteousness.
All he had on hand was the law and the prophets
(New Testament was written yet.)

Paul taught from the law and the prophets still trying to explain to some of the Judeans when he was on the threshold of execution under the command of Nero.
Acts 28 :22-23
Paul was dead in 65ad.
All that was left was John(from the house of Levi…the priestly line)
He went on to write 1st John through John 3
(They appear to be somewhat confusing or at odds to the other gospels and to those who believe the Torah was done away with.)
Torah is One Commandnent
It is made of “statutes” -do it cuz I said so
“Ordinances”- might explain itself better
“Judgements-“explains itself well”

But Torah was not given for good men;”men of faith …who seek Justice for the oppressed and helping widows and orphans in their time of need.
It was never meant as a means of salvation
It was given for transgression so man might know what sin was(1st John 3:4, Romans 3:20) in the eyes of God and how to walk in a way pleasing before the Lord and live a blessed (happy/fruitful)life.

But in his absence (John being exiled to Patmos)
The gentile believers began to take over the ministry.
The doctrine of Nicolaitains Rev 2
(Sensualness,licentiousness,lewdness)) the commandments were fulfilled so we don’t have to follow them or maybe we might show up to church and have steak and whiskey barbecue.

Then about 230 years later (circa 330 ad) Constantine convened the council of Nicaea where all Catholic doctrine began and some Protestants still adhere to:
Easter-pagan ritual dedicated to Ishtar the Goddess of spring equinox ,of new things,child sacrifice ,chicks and bunnies were her symbols
Saturnalia or now referred to honor Christs Bday Xmas Dec25 “winter solstice festival”
Drunkenness,sexual immorality,lewdness,eating until sick
:point_up_2:
Peter wrote himself 2Peter3:16 that Paul being a learned man(studied at the feet of Gamliel (Acts 22:3) or you might say a college man.
“ being sometimes hard to understand …that men would come along and use his words and turn them Into doctrines of demons…
I welcome any , and all brothers and sisters who believe in the blood of Christ over their lives and have the faith to pick up and read these verses as the Bereans did when Paul brought the go as owl to them.

The gospel is written in Hebrew symbols in the first verse of the Bible…

First-Last

In saying that his brother Jacob(James in the KJV)
testified that love would cover a multitude of sin.
His last words,”little children keep yourselves from idols.”

Paul wrote in 1Cor13 that a man can have the gift of ALL knowledge, mysteries ,prophecy, give all his possessions away to the poor,even give up his body to burnt sacrifice but if that man hath not love ?
It is of no profit to him.
(Probably one of the scariest vs in the Bible,in my opinion.)
Prayers and blessings in Messiah Yeshua :pray::heart:

The verse I believe you were referring to was a statute which meant (just do it; not explaining it)
The misunderstood meaning was don’t dress like a priest for their garments were made like this.

Although some science claims wool with leanen (cotton) can cause distress to the human body.

He also told us not to mix the seeds(GMO) ; but we did and now we have cancers,the earliest and some of the worst is when they removed the germ(fermentation qualities) out the white bread for profit and it didn’t spoil as easily.
Bleached white bread produces “leaky gut”,a factor and cause of obesity and a can through time a compromised liver.

It’s usually about the age of 50 when that “check engine” light comes on for most.
I’m 57.(it came on at 44):pray:

Blessings, I hope this was taken as it was given.
(In love)

3 Likes

I agree…the damage to our food supply is astounding, but many don’t even realize it. Its truly sad. My family and I are almost 100% organic. And that leaky gut hit me when I was younger than you. BUT, if you go to mainstream doctors you typically don’t get diagnosed correctly. I rarely go to the doctor and if I do, it’s a naturopath.

Always nice to hear from someone else that gets it!
Many blessings to you as well.

2 Likes