When Will There Be A Resurrection Of The Dead?

Full article at: https://worldeventsandthebible.com/resurrection-of-the-dead

The resurrection truly occurs once an individual dies. However, the Bible speaks of another resurrection that concerns our mortality.

Brandon, I want to let you know how Awesome it is to come here to this site and learn. I always enjoy firing up the computer and coming to this place. I feel like it has helped me more than I can put into words. I hope you and your wonderful family have a Great Dayā€¦

God Bless,
Chris

2 Likes

So you are saying that, 1 Thessalonians 4 : 13 Paul is referring to those which are ā€˜asleepā€™ that we sorrow not, ā€˜even as others who have no hopeā€™. 'those who do not know God? The dead in Christ, will rise up first? I too have always thought that the dead in Christ were those people asleep in the grave. I had never caught that before, ā€˜Even as others who have no hopeā€™
verse 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
verse 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord , shall not prevent them which are are asleep.
verse 16 for the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, With the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
verse 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air : and so shall we ever be with the Lord. verse 18 wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Hi Bran, thank you as always.
I have a doubt. Those dead before Christ, they died under The Law. All of them went to the wrong side of the gulf in Heaven? Or if they stood with God ( like David, Elijah, Moses, Noe, Aaron, etc.) they went to the right side of the gulf in heaven?
Thank you, awesome work.
God bless you, brother.

Itā€™s an interesting thought, one we donā€™t think about very often. I have somethings coming up on these subjects.

With that said, Scripture tells us, ā€œAbraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness,ā€ (Romans 4:3 ). Abraham is with our Father.

Also, donā€™t forgetā€¦

Luk 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abrahamā€™s bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

Keep reading through verse 26 for a refresher. Abraham was not on the bad side.

Hi Bran, as always such knowledgeable .
I think this is fair, or fairer than to be dead by The Law in my opinion.
If God will, may we all be one day in the good side of the gulf, or better yet, being partakers of the first resurrection. What a joy!!

1 Like

Iā€™ve read it, so beautiful. In the beginning I didnā€™t understand a letter, haha.
(tho first I read it)