What Is The Unforgivable Sin?

Full article at: What Is The Unforgivable Sin? | World Events and the Bible

The unforgivable sin was revealed in a conversation Jesus had with the scribes. In fact, the subject came up as they accused Him of performing evil.

2 Likes

Do orthodox Jews still blaspheme by denying the birth , death, and resurrection of Christ to this day ? I have heard that said many times. I honestly do not know the truth to that answer.

1 Like

That wouldn’t qualify.

One has to say/accuse the Holy Spirit of being evil or performing evil as Jesus explained in the verses I cited. Specifically, Matthew 12:32.

As Jesus said there, if one speaks ill of Him, it can be forgiven, but not when speaking of the Holy Spirit.

Two separate things.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for helping me understand this deeper Brandon. I was taught that if Gods elect refused to let the holy spirit speak through them during their 10 day trial, that was the unforgivable sin and no repentance comes with it, and you can’t premeditate what you will say. (Is that even true Brandon?)

This is the first time I’ve heard this teaching and I swear in my spirit I believe there was so much more to that then just letting the Holy Spirit speak though us…I can’t imagine being infront of Satan and not telling him to go where the sun don’t shine :joy::joy: with my big mouth I would want to say a lot to Satan personally lol now it doesn’t mean I will do it but just the thought :joy::joy:

1 Like

I always wondered how much freedom we will have when he is in the pit.

istockphoto-153086054-612x612

I’ve heard that also, but don’t know of scripture to support it. That was another thing that I was taught that just didn’t seem correct to. I am coming to realize that there were some instances that I believed something yet it was unsettling inside me. Those are the instances where I need do further study and ask God for guidance to clear up confusion.

And @brandon , I thought I would tag you in this just in case you missed Anita’s question. I would like to know that as well.

2 Likes

Right!! Something I haven’t even thought of!

Hey Anitra!

It’s great to hear the study helped you, it really is.

Concerning the 10 days, unfortunatly, that’s not true. I have a study on that linked below. It’s posted to the forum, so if you have followup questions, you can post it right there!

The only thing Jesus said is outlined in Mark 13:3-13. The subject concerns the End Times, some would be delivered to councils and,

“…take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.”

That is directed to those who would live in the End Times. That’s it though, no promise of just 10 days. I hope that helps. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I must have missed that study of yours. I just found another last night that I missed. I really need to dig more on here and in your blog!

As always Brandon…Thank you for sharing the wealth :heart: