What Does The Bible Say About Easter?

Full article at: What Does The Bible Say About Easter? | World Events and the Bible

The word easter refers to the pagan “fertility goddess of spring.” This perversion crept into Christianity thanks to a mistranslation in the KJV Bible.

4 Likes

I remember years ago I asked why Easter was always on a different day when celebrating the resurrection. They said it was based on the moon etc.

I asked them why our birthdays don’t change since we use the same moon? Then the crickets chirped.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s a mistranslation. Didn’t Herod celebrate Easter? I don’t read the KJV but upon reading its version it seems Herod was going to bring Peter forth after he himself celebrated Easter for Herod himself did worship pagan gods. In that case Easter would be the correct translation because it seems the context is talking about a holiday that Herod celebrated.

So what your saying is Herod was pagan and this was his pagan way of celebrating Passover. right? All the things a lot of us do today sadly.

I believe Herod was a practicing Jew since his father converted to Judaism. If so, then I would think the term Easter is a mistranslation and should have been Passover. The interlinear has it as Passover.

2 Likes

I thought of something else. It says, “it was the days of unleavened bread”, which shows it was during Passover, not easter.

1 Like

That was awesome, I think most kids born in the fifties and before knew by the time they were 8-10 years old that had been exposed to the bible and had been baptized knew in their hearts that bunnies and easter eggs had absolutely nothing to do with the resurrection of Christ. But everything to do with the little kids ‘Fun’ But I did not know until now that the name Easter had nothing to do with the resurrection of Christ either. Grateful for that info.
The money changers exploited Christmas for profits as well. At least they Unwittingly did the right thing and removed Christ’s name from the farce in the 1960’s. Merry Xmas!
After all, putting up a sparkling tree and further spoiling the kids with way too many gifts and getting drunk was much more fun than sitting in a gloomy church and celebrating the birth of our Lord and savior , Boring! Again, the kids born at a time when our culture was much more Godly than today knew what Christmas was 'really ’ about as well as the pass over.

2 Likes

I have not participated in any easter celebration since i read your artical on easter about a year ago. I also no longer celebrate Christmas as a holy day since reading your artical on it and verifying your information myself. I have enough trouble trying to live well in Christ without adding celebrating pagan holidays to my list of fallings.

1 Like

I cringe when my people tell me happy Easter…how do I respond back?
“Jesus is king”!!! :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I usually say happy Passover. Most leave it at that.
Some say, I didn’t know you were Jewish. I then say, I’m not; Easter is not biblical. If it leads to some conversation, I tell them I would be happy to show them scripturally we are to celebrate Passover.
It is a hard nut to crack.

4 Likes

Thank you! That is a perfect response and I’ll be using that as well!

2 Likes

Oh now thats a good one too. I’ll have to give that one a go as well.

Great read. Truth is the truth

1 Like