What did Jesus mean in John 11:25?

Name: Ronald Abraham
Question: Jesus said ‘He who believes in me though he dies yet shall he live but he who lives by believing in me shall never see death.’

What exactly does the second part mean?

Answer: Ronald,

Good morning.

Let’s read the verses together.

Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Jesus is saying, He is the resurrection of life.

If we believe in Him, though we may pass away (physically) , we will live again (spiritually) , even forever.

Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

This second verse was stated for “whosoever liveth,” being those that are presently alive. If they/we believe in Jesus, we will never die (spiritually). Our physical body may perish, but we will be resurrected like Jesus, and live with Him forever in paradise.

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

1 Like

I have three brothers , all of us bare scars of our tragic childhood. Two of us married women who were dedicated to their husbands and their children. and survived. The other two didn’t marry women like that. Their entire lives were tragic, in and out of jail and prison. One drank alcohol until it killed him. the other shot himself to death . Even though, I have no doubt that either one would run into a burning house without hesitation to save the occupants with no fear for themselves. All of us boys were baptized before age ten and had a huge spiritual influence in our grandmother up until age 10. In spite of their tragic lives and knowing their hearts I feel like they were saved. ??? a lot of people would say no.