The system dinged me before as well! Good thinking. Yes, for anyone who wants to gain a better understanding of the Antichrist, it will help. I recently rewrote it as well.
Kay, for me, I explain it like this.
Rev 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
The Dragon is imitating the Lamb, and the Dragon is Satan, (Rev 12:7-9).
Rev 13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
“He” is the Dragon who is Satan. These are real supernatural acts.
2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
Jesus will not return until the subject of the verse appears which is the “man of sin,” the “son of perdition”.
2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
The “who” describes the “man of sin,” the “son of perdition”.
- Who opposes God?
- Who exalts himself above God, and even did so in the past, (Is 14:12-14, Eze 28:15-17)?
- Who shows themself to be like God, (Rev 13:11)?
Would it be possible for a man to exalt himself above God, claim to be God, and prove it with super natural powers?
2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
Verse 4 said the “man of sin,” the “son of perdition” would be revealed. Now we’re told about “that Wicked” being revealed who Christ will destroy at His Coming.
- Who does Jesus destroy when He returns, (Rev 19:14-21, 20:1-3)?
2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
Jesus coming is “after the working of Satan.” After all his power, lying wonders, and miracles, (Rev 13:13).
What did 2 Th 2:3 tell us?
- That the “man of sin,” the “son of perdition” would be revealed before the return of Jesus.
- The “man of sin,” the “son of perdition” would oppose God, exalt himself above God, and show himself as God.
- The “man of sin,” the “son of perdition” must be “that Wicked” since that’s the subject.
- That Wicked is destroyed by Jesus and we know Satan comes after Jesus.
For myself, that indicates one general and complete thought outlining what we call, the Antichrist, the false messiah.