Was Noah's Flood Global?

Hence, taking birds on the ark. My point…if it was local, they would of moved, birds sense rain.

Genesis 6:19-20
“They shall be male and female. Of the birds according to their kinds, and of the animals according to their kinds, of every creeping thing of the ground, according to its kind, two of every sort shall come in to you to keep them alive.”
Fowl by 7s?
Mate, you know that’s not a good argument bro, you know! There are 9000 species of birds…TODAY. It’s a huge reach to say 9000 species of bird lived 4000+ years ago and that’s your argument to argue your opinion?

You know that’s not a good argument.

So, because that argument doesn’t work, logically…
{“If the flood ‘in the days of Noah’ was local, why did God tell Noah to take birds upon the ark?}

You’ll have to find another argument.

We will just have to agree to disagree.

Really? That’s your response to me saying your 9000 species angle doesn’t work?

1 Like

Let’s start over…

“If the flood ‘in the days of Noah’ was local, why didn’t God tell Noah to walk where the flood wouldn’t reach? It took Noah roughly 80-100 years to build the ark, if the flood was local, Noah could of been well out of the way of the flood waters if he walked ‘away’ 80-100years (he wouldn’t of even needed to walk that long).

1 Like

Brandon, Nobody likes to discover that they have been wrong about a subject. Embarrassment produces anger as evident in the replies, including my own. I replied before reading your explanation in it’s entirety. Ignorance is the lack of knowledge, instruction’ and produces error. Your explanation concerning the flood, was common sense and sound logic.
Darn it! :angry:

4 Likes

These are ancient near east text written 1000s of years ago. To read them in a wooden literal sense is naive. Obviously by the typology insinuated in later scripture there was a reason God told Noah to do what he did and not just migrate to another location etc. It was judgement on the people destroyed by the flood. This is where the emphasis should be in our study, not the magnitude of the flood itself IMO. Unless the laws of physics and genetics where completely different than they are now, a worldwide flood is untenable for a multitude of reasons, not the least of which the earth would become an ice cube if the water was at an elevation to cover all mountain peaks.

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: This is my response concerning Romans 5