This Reader Is Really Upset With Life

Full article at: This Reader Is Really Upset With Life | World Events and the Bible

The days we find ourselves in are pretty tough. Then again, life has always been tough — for everyone — throughout history. I think we tend to forget that, and I think we focus on the negative aspects of life far too often. A case in point was an email exchange I had with one…

4 Likes

I thought I had problems until I read Job! (Such a great story and account especially from our Father’s point of view).

5 Likes

Thanks Brandon! Good response to John and good advice for all of us to follow.

3 Likes

In some ways like the prodigal son; squander everything one has been given and then go home. Only this time I dont think Father will welcome such a one with open arms!!???

Brandon, thank you for sharing this. You know reading and seeing what is unfolding in the world today is ultra depressing.

One thing that may help is, instead of focusing on all the negative that surrounds us — take a simple different approach.

For me. It’s a daily Thank You Father. Sometimes just a soft bed to sleep in…

It may not be biblical but I like random acts of kindness. Just a smile or doing something for someone with nothing in return helps one uplift the spirit…

6 Likes

I feel so bad for John and will be keeping him in my prayers. It’s hard to be in that place :confused:. It really is all about perception. When I see what is going on in this world, all the pain and suffering, I know that it won’t last forever. I also like to turn things around and find the positive side. There is ALWAYS a positive and a negative. People need to focus on the positive. People need to focus on God and always keep Him in the equation.

Every single one of us has a purpose in this world. Each and every one of us has their own special gift to bring into this life in the flesh. And that includes John! Even him reaching out to Brandon and then Brandon writing a post about it I am SURE has helped someone.

John created a ripple affect of his own that was positive. Yes, he’s hurting, but I truly pray that he will change his perception on life in the flesh. We are only here for a very short time when compared to an eternity. We, as Christians, need to show others the light we have inside us. Although John may not feel like he has a light within him, he does and he just needs to see it, feel it within himself.

God never said this life would be easy, but He did tell us to call on Him for help. God is the best therapist anyone could ask for.

John, if you are reading this, please seek Him for answers and please don’t hesitate to ask for help. This community is amazing and I thank the Lord that you reached out to Brandon.

God bless!

6 Likes

I can honestly John’s perspective. Life certainly does get rough, and seemingly meaningless at times. Moreover, his view on life/death does carry some degree of Biblical credence (Ecclesiastes 4:2-3). For Christians walking with Christ, the day of our death will be better than the day of our birth, no doubt (Ecclesiastes 7:1), as we get to be with Him forever more.

But as Christians, we should not capitulate to fatalism, or allow the world and its events to sway our mindset. The world is stirring, anxious and without hope or purpose, but we should fight to be altogether of a different mindset, if by any means, God might, through us, lead others to the same hope we possess (1 Peter 3:15). While we live, there is much to enjoy, much to do, and much reason to hope in God’s sovereignty, come what may. Most importantly, there remains work to be done for His Kingdom, while it is yet day (John 9:4).

The Lord Jesus promised we would have tribulation on this side of eternity, but He also says to be of good cheer, because He has overcome this world (John 16:33).

Take heart John, and be encouraged. Life, and the world are not in vain (Revelation 4:11; Isaiah 45:18) and neither will your work in Jesus be (1 Corinthians 15:58).

3 Likes