This Is A Rebellious People

Full article at: This Is A Rebellious People | World Events and the Bible

Today, more people are placing their trust in government instead of God. As we read Isaiah, we will discover this is another lesson from the Biblical past.

3 Likes

Its so bad now it can be considered a sign of the times.

2 Likes

Romans 1 : 24 through 32. Ephesians 6:10 thru 16 Philippians 4 : 8 Colossians 2 : 8
2 Timothy 3 : 1 thru 7 2 Timothy 4 : 3 - 4 Titus 3 : 3-6 Hebrews 4: 12 James chapter 3
After many years of running against the wind. When my mother passed on she left me her mothers bible. I sat down with it and read the new testament from one evening to late and and finished it the next morning. I knew I had overlooked many details and so I read it again .
this time I highlighted every verse that touched me the most. I noticed that everything I highlighted had been underlined with a pen by my grandmother and circled with a different colored pen by my mom. Three generations over a span of 120 yrs. Every page has hand written entries and underlines, it is falling apart. I’m leaving it to my Grandson. One thing I noticed about this bible and this sounds corny, but it’s true. when you open it, it puts off a very pleasant odor. kind of like very faint perfume. not to sweet or strong, but very pleasant.
If you have and old family bible, please share your story with us.

2 Likes

That is an amazing thing right there! Three generations! Thanks so much for sharing. I believe the only bible we have is a Catholic bible, but I should ask my mom if there are any others. She was, I believe, Methodist and my father was Catholic. My mom switched to Catholicism when the got married.

Kay, My wife’s family is catholic, she was raised up in a catholic school. My family had always been Baptist. We were married very young and because of our different faiths we never went to church together. Honestly I never went at all after we were married. I wanted too I thought. But when I did it was always the same negative kind of ‘creepy’ examination process then they follow you home and could be very intrusive to your personal life. Show up at your door uninvited and unannounced, gossipy, stiff necked and a little high headed and judge mental. That always teed me off. Still does. To me that is one of the rudest things a person can do to me, ‘Pop’ in’ on me. When someone does that to me they will leave with their ears on fire. I guarantee it. So you bicycle riders beware!

1 Like

Both my husband and I were raised Catholic. We never really went to church unless our families had a special occasion. I just went the other day for my nieces school’s Grandparents/Special Persons day. I took my mom, so I stayed for mass and the reception after. As I sat in the church I had an extreme feeling of sadness. It felt empty to me - never really getting into the Word as it should be. I looked around at all the people attending and just felt sad. Now I don’t know what they feel in their hearts, but I do know some are quite gossipy and stiff necked. I prayed a lot during mass. God’s will.

As for pop in’s…I do not like pop in’s at all! In fact our door bell doesn’t work and we have no desire to fix it! :rofl:

1 Like

Aint that the truth! I installed an automatic gate across my drive a few years ago and it was money well spent. I’ll see someone in passing and they will say, I’d drop in and see you if the gate was ever open. hahaha. Of course really good friends call ahead and know the entry code.

1 Like