The Pledge of Allegiance

I wasn’t sure where to place this, so I decided to just put it here. A while back I was thinking about the Pledge of Allegiance to our flag. One day it sèemed to hit me like a ton of bricks. Why would anyone pledge allegiance to a flag? My allegiance is to God and only God. I understand it says “one nation under God” and I’m also thankful for the freedoms this country has given us, but still! None of this would have happened without God being involved.

I’ve argued many times with people regarding the importance of bringing back The Pledge to our schools, but now I’m thinking, heck no.

Just something that has been on my mind…anybody have any thoughts on this that they would like to share.

As long as you do not idolize it, I do not think anything is wrong with pledging your honor to the standard.

Just as the Christian flag is our standard, I think the American Flag is our standard as well. That is why I fly the both in front of my home. One nation under God, and I believe that is what it is all about. We have lasted 247 years because of God’s blessing.

1 Like

I agree, but it was the words “I pledge allegiance” that just hit me. I also fly the Christian flag and American flag, but the Christian flag is ABOVE the American flag. And I’ll admit…I’ve been tempted to take the American flag down.

1 Like

We fly the Christian flag above the American too. Even with all the evil that surrounds us, the American Flag is the standard of which I am glad to be an American.