The Good News Report

There’s doom from the left and right. There’s been doom since the dawn of time, and there will be doom until the end of it.

How about some good news? :slightly_smiling_face:

Let’s use this space for bits and pieces that help to brighten our day.

https://www.oregonlive.com/nation/2023/02/tiny-california-mouse-takes-world-record-for-oldest-living-mouse.html

3 Likes

These guys are helping to motivate us to work on our fitness goals.
Norman the wiener dog motivated me the most.

https://www.dailypaws.com/pet-news-entertainment/feel-good-stories/pets-using-treadmills-tiktok

Best photos of the year…

Not necessarily good news, but not bad either. :+1:t3:

Another victory for the people.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/latin-american-country-rejects-same-sex-marriage-landmark-court-case-not-human-right

1 Like

Oh dear, the pope is going to strongly condemn them for this.

If only our “leaders” would do likewise.

1 Like

Here’s a shocker…

“Being homosexual isn’t a crime,” Francis told The Associated Press. “It’s not a crime. Yes, but it’s a sin. Fine, but first, let’s distinguish between a sin and a crime.” :thinking:

crime
noun
ˈkrīm
Synonyms of crime
: an illegal act for which someone can be punished by the government.
especially : a gross violation of law
: a grave offense especially against morality
: criminal activity
efforts to fight crime
: something reprehensible, foolish, or disgraceful
It’s a crime to waste good food.
crimeless
ˈkrīm-ləs
adjective

sin
1 of 4
noun (1)
ˈsin
Synonyms of sin
a
: an offense against religious or moral law
b
: an action that is or is felt to be highly reprehensible
it’s a sin to waste food
c
: an often serious shortcoming : FAULT
a
: transgression of the law of God
b
: a vitiated state of human nature in which the self is estranged from God

2 Likes

Big win!

Georgia and Iowa lawmakers sent bills banning sex-change procedures for minors to their governors’ desks this week. Iowa has passed its bill into law, and Kemp signed the bill Thursday afternoon.

On a side note, think how insane allowing children to change their sex is. I mean remember what PG-13 means,

to certify that a motion picture is of such a nature that persons of all ages may be admitted but parental guidance is suggested especially for children under 13.

Perverted society wants children to freely and permanently alter their sex, some even without a parental say in the matter. Yet, “parental guidance” is suggested to watch Batman.

Seriously?

:+1:t3:

Educators in all Florida public schools for all grade levels will now be banned from teaching students about gender identity and sexual orientation in a sweeping move announced by Ron DeSantis’s board of education on Wednesday.

Yes this is a good news, but I believe Kemp is just doing it for money and votes.

1 Like

And Gunsmoke! Warning: viewer discretion is advised! contains graphic violence. Personally
I always felt a sense of satisfaction every time Matt or Festus imposed the law on a bad guy.
When Matt had to shoot someone the director left out the gruesome graphic details of the damage a .44 can do. I guess they knew kids were watching and that the adults could use their imaginations. Good guys always win, bad guys always lose, crime never pays. good message to kids.

Maybe, Kay. but no matter what his motives, society wins.