The Eclipse in April

Hi Brandon,
There is so much chatter about the up and coming Eclipse, I was wondering if you have any thoughts or opinion on this? So many are putting a fear spin and or biblical spin to it and I believe mostly none of it. Though the moon sun and stars are signs. Luke: 21 What do you think?
Jackie

1 Like

Hey Jackie, great question!

My first thought…

Whoever is doing the talking, what have they said in the past about such events, and were they correct?

It’s doubtful.

Personally, I’ve always enjoyed looking at the stars, especially considering the Biblical aspects. For years I recall listening as some pastors would say there was Biblical significance due to some heavenly event. Planets aligning, stars, and the moon in certain positions, and so on.

I’ve seen and heard it all.

Some of it seemed very convincing, but it never meant anything. I mean, Biblical events were supposed to happen according to the teller of the story, nothing ever did. Hey, we’re still here, and Christ hasn’t returned. However, it sure gave credence to the teller of the story and when the event came and went, it was on to the next one and everyone forgot about the last one.

I can tell you, the last deal for me was back in 2015…

There was a series of total lunar eclipses, we all talked about it on this site. They aligned on Passover and of course, around September 29th, which I believe is the true birthday of Jesus. Anyway, those dates all came and went and we’re still here.

So personally, I feel the chatter about Heavenly signs are baseless. There’s nothing clear cut in Scripture that indicates anything based on some alignment or movement. However, some Christians are attention seekers, and or confused themselves, and they’re always looking for more to join them in their confusion.

I don’t mean to sound rude at all. However, I’ve been at this for years and years. I’ve seen a lot, heard from a lot of people. Sometimes, we yearn for the return of Jesus so much, that we buy into anything hoping for it to be true.

I say live life, while abiding by the words of God, and don’t become roped into everything that comes along. You’ll be a lot happier, and let down in life a lot less.

Blessings!

P.S. There will be some that will say, “Events did happen on such and such date. It was a week or month early/late,” and so on. They’ll attempt to rationalize said event so they can continue to believe in this sort of thing. Unfortunately, they’re only deceiving themselves.

6 Likes

Thanks Brandon! I agree !

Yep, I agree with Brandon on this one as well.

I feel the chatter about Heavenly signs are baseless. There’s nothing clear cut in Scripture that indicates anything based on some alignment or movement.

That statement right there says it all!