Satanic gathering in Boston

Hi Brandon, I live very close to Boston and I work in Boston. This weekend is the largest gathering of a satanic convention ever recorded -according to what I have read. I understand there are large groups gathering to pray against this demonic gathering. Can you recommend specific prayers to counter them this weekend ? Salem, Ma has the satanic head quarters here in good ole Ma! So sad I have family there. Thank you Brandon!

1 Like

I don’t have specific prayers, but this is where I pray for the people that are attending just to be “cool” or out of curiosity. God has instructed His children to stay away from evil, but so many don’t even think about how dangerous it really is. I will be praying - thanks for the heads up. I hope @brandon has some insight on this as well. God bless!

1 Like

I understand your concern, but let’s talk about this a bit.

There are two organizations that use the name, Satan. The Church Of Satan which is pretty much dead from my understanding. That was founded in the 1960s.

Next, we have the other one that’s always in the news, The Satanic Temple. On their about page they state,

The Satanic Temple has become the primary religious Satanic organization in the world with congregations internationally, and a number of high-profile public campaigns designed to preserve and advance secularism and individual liberties.

“Secularism?”

Where’s the Satan mumbo jumbo?

This is what we find on their FAQ page.

DO YOU WORSHIP SATAN?
No, nor do we believe in the existence of Satan or the supernatural. The Satanic Temple believes that religion can, and should, be divorced from superstition. As such, we do not promote a belief in a personal Satan. To embrace the name Satan is to embrace rational inquiry removed from supernaturalism and archaic tradition-based superstitions. Satanists should actively work to hone critical thinking and exercise reasonable agnosticism in all things. Our beliefs must be malleable to the best current scientific understandings of the material world — never the reverse.

So the Satanic Temple doesn’t actually believe in Satan. In fact, they think all religions are bogus.

Their founder is Douglas Mesner, known as Lucien Greaves. Lucien, Lucifer, get it? The guy is actually an atheist. So in reality, The Satanic Temple does not believe in God or Satan, they are actually atheists who use the Satanic name for publicity and use their status as an IRS-recognized “church” to mock not just our faith, but all faiths.

The gist, the Satanic Temple are not Devil worshippers, but atheists in disguise.

The media never reports these facts, do you know why?

It would remove ratings, and they cannot have that. So, they keep making it sound like Devil worshippers are taking over and growing. I think more Christians need to learn and understand this. So darkness is not rising in the form of Satanism as we are being led to believe. Instead, darkness rises every day in other forms in our nation and world. Squarly at government policy, but hey, that’s another subject for another time!

Lastly, let me just say, I’m not a pre-prepared prayer guy. So I cannot provide you with any specific prayer. Personally, I just talk to God and say what is on my mind at that moment.

1 Like

thank you very much for this explanation. I was going to look into it more, but alas, didn’t get to it.

If the Satanic Temple are just atheists why did they commission the “Baphomet” statue? According to Wikipedia it’s a winged, goat-headed, humanoid symbol of the occult. They may or may not be atheists just as people attending church may or may not be christians…

Morning May!

Their point is to mock religion in general. That’s why they’re a “church.”

What gets Christian’s all wound up?

The Devil, specifically, people serving him, so that’s why they use it. It’s a play. The quotes I provided come right from their website.

Now, just because they’re atheists, that does not make them our friends. Anyone that stands against God is an enemy of Him, so they are still our spiritual enemies. Well, they need saving like anyone else.

Nevertheless, they are not Devil worshippers according to their own organization. Their leader certainly isn’t, he parades the country talking about atheism. I encourage you to look him up if you are interested. It’s better to know the truth than have a false sense about something. :+1:t3:

Bottom line! Spot on

I respectfully disagree with you to some degree. I do understand that the group says they are atheists. That does not mean that there are not those, among that group, who are not affiliated with Satan. Symbols speak volumes and at the top left corner is the upside down circled “Pentagram” with the Baphomet head inside. To me that communicates more than their words…