Question about Isaiah 12-14

Hi everyone, I hope I post this in the right catagory.

Isaiah 12: How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Is this verse saying satan weakened the nations in the first earth age, or is this referring to when satan is cast to earth in this age? I know he will certainly weaken the nations when he gets here. Could it be talking about both ages?

Verse 13: For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

Is this verse covering both first and second earth ages? Or is this entire verse talking about when satan returns as the antichrist?

I’ve been studying about when satan is kicked out of heaven to earth, and sometimes get confused about if certain verses are talking about past or future events. Thanks for any help you can provide.

My advice would be to look at some of the key words in the verses and look them up in strong’s etc. This will really help with what time frame those particular sections of topic are referring to.

1 Like

Thank you for replying snowflake. I have spent a lot of time trying to figure this out, including using the Strong’s Concordance. It’s just I’m confused because…

I thought maybe verse 12 was talking about the first age because of satan being called Lucifer at that time.

But in verse 13 where it says he will sit in the mount of congregation on the north side, it seems like that applies to this age.

I’ll keep praying and studying, or maybe just let it go for now.

Thanks again.

1 Like

My opinion is you have to look at the verses in a literal and figurative or spiritual view.

When it says: How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer… He does fall from heaven to earth, but he also fell from his status as a high-ranking angel in heaven. He has been weakening the nations ever since his fall and will really do more when he is here.

He was foolish enough to think he would take over God’s throne in heaven, later he will put his throne here on earth where he will sit upon the mount of the congregation ruling for a short time.

1 Like