Poll: If The Republican Convention Was Today, Who Would You Vote For?

Kay, I want you to know that I imagine you to be a wonderful person, very sharp and aware. But I have to disagree with you 100% [first time] on this issue. Y’all have a good weekend!

2 Likes

@yakityyak That’s exactly what makes the world go 'round and I feel you are also very sharp and aware and a wonderful person as well! Trust me when I say that this isn’t a knee jerk reaction on my part - I’ve prayed and contemplated this for many months before reaching this point. :wink: You have a great weekend too!

Reading your post reminded me of this shirt I have…

Sorry I couldn’t help it. :joy:

2 Likes

Until the whole system is broken down and abolished, no substantial changes will happen.

Same as all the kings back in the day. Some were evil for Baal; others trusted the Lord half-heartedly leaving the groves and images to stand so the people worshipped what they wanted.

Jehu was brought in to clean both houses of the Ahab family, which united Judah and Israel through intermarrying. But he left the same system in place and followed the sins of Jeroboam.

When kings like Asa were in control, they broke down the Baal alter and Istar groves. The Lord blessed them with no war and tribute came their way. But even in the end they lost sight of who was in charge, and it led to their punishment along with the people.

If Christ was here today, running the world using the same system in place, all His attempts of improvement would be vetoed, and nothing would change.

The first thing He does when He arrives is throw the system in the Lake and puts true leaders in place using His perfect system of law. (Revelation 20:6) Most do not want it because it isn’t free, you need carry your end of the log. Hence Revelation 20:7-9.

1 Like

Same to y’all Kay. I’m hoping this weekend will be the last of the heat wave and we can moving into fall.

We’ve been pretty cool here in Wisconsin…also 2 days of rain. I actually used a quilt the last week. It’s warming up a bit now, but then we will be going back down to 60’s be the end of next week again. I forgot where you live…but apparently south!

Oklahoma. mild wet summer until August first. then high 90’s triple digits everyday. ready for fall and a light jacket.

And I go by, voting for the better, or at least not the worse. A little different connotation—but I also see a difference (some see no difference whatsoever, I guess). We will not ever get a perfect man to run this country. We see throughout all the kings of Israel, some were good, some bad, some ugly, but none perfect. We can only weigh/judge on what someone says…which should be (for the most part), what they believe (which is "ideology/Religion/philosophy. And coming out of the mouths, I see recently, they pretty much try to follow/rule by what they think.

1 Like

it is like a sine wave…ever descending for A/C’s arrival. Those “growing pangs” do not alter the course at the end, for sure…but there are some softer pangs and some huge ones. They too, get closer together and more stinging.

Makes sense. And I agree, we will never get a perfect man for the job. But again - I see our whole governmental system as a sham and I just cannot play into it anymore.

And I hope everyone realizes that I’m not saying people that do go out and vote are bad or doing wrong. Each and every one of us has to do what is in their heart. And I respect all that do just that. :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

kay, I look at a governing body as a “horn”, just like the other 3 horns/powers. And yes, all 4 of these powers are almost overwhelmingly horrific (considering how much time the evil ones have had in gaining much control in them)…the edu/info(basically, “comms”-communication horn is just loaded with propaganda and lies, yet, if we don’t push back the best we can, who would?

1 Like

Oh, I still stand for what’s right and always will. I just choose not to participate in their game any longer. In my opinion, it’s ALL controlled - including the entire electoral process. Again, my opinion.

1 Like

Amen! Welcome aboard!

Trump is really our only choice. I’m very disappointed that he didn’t apologize to all Americans who trusted him on the vaccine. Now millions are dead or disabled because of it. The shutdown ruined our economy and so many small businesses are now gone forever. Went to Rite-Aid the other day and the doors were locked with a sign that they are now closed forever. But, although he doesn’t appear to have the power to “drain the swamp” which was a compaign promise, but never did (especially Hillery), he really is the only hope we have to slow down the destruction of America by the woke crazies who are gaining more power over us by the week. He’s the only one right now who can shutdown the invasions at our border immediately. My home town received 10,000 immigrants in the last couple days and there’s no where to put them. They were just dropped off at the train station and the bus station and 95% of them are young men (military age). He’s the only one who can make us oil-independent again and lower the price of gas (over $6/gal in San Diego), stop the war in Ukraine, and slow down the woke crazies from destroying our country and our schools. I don’t trust him entirely, but like I said, he’s the only one who can slow down the madness. If it’s God’s will, Trump will be elected with our without our vote. But, if not, I do believe it’s the end of America as we knew it growing up. So sad. But, with all I’ve learned about what’s been going on in America in secret by our corrupt govt since at least the 60’s, America was never really as great as we thought it was. Thank the Lord that this is not our true home. We Believers have the only real Hope and it’s not in Trump, but in the One who will come rescue us at the “last trump”! Amen

1 Like

Hey everyone, thanks for participating!

I closed the poll, and the final results are on the link at the top of this post.

Thanks again!

1 Like