Pics from our latest hike and a sweet treat!

The other day we went for a hike to the top of a mountain. Fantastic views that I wanted to share with you folks. On the way down, we picked some huckleberries! Holy smokes those things are good. We actually picked 8lbs of berries, yes I weighed them! :smile:

I got to say, the trail was supposed to be a 9 mile hike. Well, all the maps were wrong, it was 13 miles! :flushed: We made it though, but really wanted to camp out in that lookout tower.

Maybe next time.

I love God’s country.

This was a poem inside the watch tower, we thought it was pretty cool.

Pano to finish…

10 Likes

Where were you when you took those fantastic pics?

Beautiful pics thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Amazing pictures!! I’m sure it doesn’t even compare to actually being there!

Those HUCKLEBERRIES! :yum: The first thing I thought of when I saw them was flavoring Kombucha and Kefir! And hey…stick some in the freezer to flavor your soon-to-be kefir. That and a little honey or maple syrup and that would be scrumptious!!

Noxon, Montana. Specifically, Squaw Peak, which was renamed to Star Peak apparently.

Ask me why. :smile:

@kay can’t wait!

Are the stars gender neutral?

Perhaps…

According to some reviews I read, the name was changed, probably since “squaw” might be offensive. The locals still call it Squaw though. You know, I’m still miffed they took that gal off Land O Lakes butter. :rage::smile:

Yea, I’d rather see her than that Maybelline nut job.

Looks like a brochure.

1 Like

Yeah they got rid of the Indian girl and kept the land :laughing:

When you said Maybelline nut job, all I see can see is the glitter barrette on a beard!

It’s lovely and it enhances the melon glow.