No One Goes To Church Anymore, So They’re Becoming Breweries

Full article at: No One Goes To Church Anymore, So They’re Becoming Breweries | World Events and the Bible

At least, in Europe. It’s a sad state of affairs. For two millennia, Christianity thrived in Europe. The Apostle Paul and others ventured there to preach the Gospel, and from there, our faith influenced and shaped the region for two thousand years. That is, until the modern era… In Europe, Christianity has since faded away,…

You know, thanks be to God Almighty, what will be next. I don’t know if a few or more years rest. But not 500. Maybe we won’t be here by the time. I wish I could be here. I feel the tribulation will be dreadful, horrible, because the minds of many people will turn to satan. I hope I won’t be one of them. It will be like covid on steroids. Only wish I could be worthy, of billions of people, why us? It will be pretty difficult. May The Holy Ghost will guide us. (if we be here by then!)

A truly sad commentary of the times we live in! :disappointed_relieved:

It’s really not hard to believe. In many churches, I have attended, either they are promoting the rapture doctrine or they are begging for money. They are simply not teaching God’s WORD and replacing God’s WORD with traditions of men.

The sermons are one or two verses out of the Bible and then a long drawn personal story about the pastor’s life. [ Insert snooze noise]

Sorry if I am not shocked by this news, but I have seen it with my own eyes, people failing away due to lack of interest, because many of these churches are simply just not teaching and feeding the people with God’s WORD.

Interesting take Donna, but when did churches not teach like that?

From my experience, it’s always been this way to a large degree. If you saw the chart on church membership from 1940 to 1990, it was pretty solid. Did churches start telling stories in 1990, instead of in-depth study?

I don’t think so, it’s something more. I’ll admit, the verse-by-verse Colossians studies I put together were very in-depth, but the interest was very little. People have changed. :slightly_frowning_face:

Years ago, they never begged for money. They didn’t teach verse by verse but at least it wasn’t a personal story about the pastor’s vacation or something else every week.

Even the dress code has gone away. I don’t think you need a suit and tie but a Nike tee shirt and the like? The other thing that always killed me was they would bring their breakfast along and eat it during the service. Plus, the coffee and donuts that the church used to draw them in.
One week some were passing out cheese doodles and snacks at the late service, disrupting. I told my wife I was going to take a good Italian sub with tatter chips along, crunch crunch, and they could smell that for an hour.

Exactly. I can’t even imagine walking into a church today without walking out. It would be like studying Algebra and then going back to multiplication flash cards.

1 Like

Well if you look at a little history from 1940 to 1990, the WWII generation helped guide the moral compass. However, the WWII generation, in my humble opinion, wanted their children to have better lives than what they had; no more wars, no more depression, poverty, and by wanting these things for their children they inadvertently enabled them to be very worldly.

I might add: as a child of the 1960’s, Easter Sunday was a BIG DEAL, you had to dress up in your best outfits and go to church and be taught a sermon of traditions of men. Then we went to grandma’s house for a lovely Easter dinner (usually a baked ham-- :nauseated_face:) and after dinner do the Easter egg hunt. These traditions started to wane just about the time I graduated high school (1980), and went to college. Then we all gathered for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Ecclesiastes 1:9
King James Version

9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

1 Like

Yeah I hear you.

WWII changed a lot, with each succeeding generation, we became less Christian too. The boomers less than their parents and so on. It’s been pretty gradual, but after so long it just starts to snowball. Kinda where we are now.

Our nation and Europe also saw a massive increase in wealth since WWII. Think about the dollar standard and what not. More wealth means you don’t need God. It’s what the statistics always show unfortunately. Rich countries are less religious then poor. I guess the Bible does too when you think about it. When times were good, Israel forgot about God. You know the rest. :disappointed:

I got to say, I’m sure glad I’ve never been to the churches sNOwflakes has attended. :smile:

I absolutely agree, all this has been done incrementally and by design.

Not Biblical, I know, but wise words nonetheless: “The road to hell is paved with good intentions.”

1 Timothy 6:10

“For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.”

That same church wouldn’t teach Daniel because it was too scary. :scream: