No Hope, Only Doom

Full article at: No Hope, Only Doom | World Events and the Bible

As I rolled and scrolled through my news feed this morning, that title popped into my mind. It seems fitting for the narrative government and media spin for us each day. I tell you what, I couldn’t find a single story that provided an ounce of encouragement. It was doom and dread through and through.…

5 Likes

Oh My Gosh Brandon, are you sure you didn’t leave anything out?

4 Likes

It sounds like you do the same as I do in the morning. I scroll through and see these ridiculous headlines…although I must admit, you apparently click on more articles than I do.

As for the human made climate change - they are not actually lying there. I’ve been digging into weather modification the past few months. Interesting topic!! (But always pray for spiritual discernment and guidance when researching.)

Now off to spend my day enjoying the beautiful day God has given us!

2 Likes

Doom and gloom is making Satan rub his hands together with delight. The more doom and gloom the more prospects he gets. Get your gospel armor on, folks!

Deuteronomy 31:8
And the Lord, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed.

Joshua 1:9
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

6 Likes

Yes, yes, yes! It’s Gwen!

Now the party can officially start, and break out the potato soup recipes! :smile: Gwen, thanks so much for joining us. So glad you are here.

2 Likes

Ah yes the daily news, not much fact, mostly fiction!

5 Likes

Here where i live in eastern PA. the water situation is not good. our creeks are all but dry, and when it does rain, the creeks are don’t run like they use to. there is a huge creek down the hill from me and this is the first time it is dry! there are standing puddles, but that is it. Yet other parts of our country are just flooded with so much water. even the people who live down below me have springs and they said it is low. most of us live on wells here. because the ground shifts over time, i now have a spring that feeds into my well. but my water is still not good, so i have to filter it all. years ago my well was low from time to time. i think a lot of that is due to the fracking that they do in PA.

2 Likes

Hey Randy, welcome and thanks for joining the fun!

2 Likes

Exactly where they want us. I feel most Americans just want to be led anyway. Like sheep to slaughter.

Keep opening our eyes Father we pray. Keep us strong in the power of Your might. Keep us prepared and watching.

7 Likes

We have our issues with the well water around here too. My elderly mom lives across the road from us and she had to get her well pump replaced. After that, the water tested high in Arsenic. The past few weeks I’ve learned more about arsenic and well water than I ever wanted to! Thankfully our water tested fine. There are 3 other neighbors that also have high arsenic. I still prefer well water than city water! We also run our water thru a Berkey filter which we have been doing for years. And I agree, fracking plays a role in water quality and water availability.

3 Likes

Amen Todd, and welcome to the forum sir!

Don’t forget to introduce yourself.

2 Likes

I use reverse osmosis on the countertop, i would never use anything else but r/o. but i also have pretty bad well water too.

2 Likes

That’s what I will be getting for my mom. I’m making sure that the RO system I get has the last filter which adds the minerals back into the water.