Modern Tower of Babel: AI to replace white-collar workers

Can you believe this?

I know some are probably skeptical, but you can go use the ChatGPT AI service yourself, for free.

We have done this to ourselves. It reminds me of what God said long ago,

Gen 11:6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

We are back at the Tower of Babel in the modern era. We are united and of one speech through technology and instant translating tools.

Long ago, when man united as one in defiance of God, it brought Him down. It really makes you wonder, how close are we to that point? It seems certain, if He doesn’t come down soon, this world will move on without Him. That just cannot be.

How ChatGPT Will Destabilize White-Collar Work

What happens when services like ChatGPT start putting copywriters, journalists, customer-service agents, paralegals, coders, and digital marketers out of a job? For years, tech thinkers have been warning that flexible, creative AI will be a threat to white-collar employment, as robots replace skilled office workers whose jobs were once considered immune to automation. In the most extreme iteration, analysts imagine AI altering the employment landscape permanently. One Oxford study estimates that 47 percent of U.S. jobs might be at risk.

AI can pass MBA, soon the U.S. Medical Licensing Exam, Bar Exam

ChatGPT, while still in its infancy, received a grade varying from a B to B- on the final exam of a typical MBA core course.

I recently talked about subjects along these lines in a blog post…

1 Like

Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions

• Ecclesiastes 7:29
1 Like

Brandon, AI may replace humans but but not because AI is superior. Not even close. AI is coming for the same reason as electric cars and wind power. That’s where all of the money is being invested, can’t stop it. We know wind power cant do the job, but they are putting them up daily all over the world. We know electric cars can’t begin to perform a well as the world standard combustion engine, but we will all be forced to drive them within 20 yrs. regardless.
Do you think there’s a chance that members of congress and the senate ‘Biden’ has invested in electric vehicles, battery mfg. etc? AI and wind power? How sweet is that ? invest in a service or product and be in the position to mandate it’s use.

Newsmax headline this morning : U.S investors plow billions into China’s AI technology.