Merry Christmas!

Kay, I don’t think she means to be demonic. She, like most of the people of the world, are deceived and blinded to the truth because they don’t know God’s word.

Before I found God, I believed in equal rights for gays and believed we should not push our children into gender roles.

Now, I have found God and my eyes and ears have been opened. I have come out of the world and worldly things. I study God’s word everyday and when I doubt a teaching I have heard or read, I do my own research. I dig for GOD’S truth.

sNOwflakes, anyone doing a study to share God’s word including preachers/teachers will take you to different passages throughout the bible, to share a message. I don’t feel any of this is taken out of context.

You either receive this message I’ve shared or you don’t. It’s up to God whether you hear it or not. I merely shared it. However, I feel I was lead by the holy spirit.

I have deeper studies on each of the holy feasts, sabbath, new moons, and sabbaths being from sunset to sunset on my facebook page, if you are interested. My name being Tammy Moody. My profile picture is a cartoon of a girl sitting under a tree reading a book, in the spring time.

I appreciate what you are saying but in making a point, the scripture has to deal with exactly the point. Too many times they are cherry picked, and in doing so, they don’t fit into the point being made and can be taken out of context.

Not trying to offend anyone. Most churches do this and there can be a danger in doing so.

Kay, I see nothing in the bible telling us to celebrate it either.

Do you or anyone you know celebrate other peoples conception date? NO

Christmas celebrated by people is MOST often about Santa Clause, elves, angels, reindeer’s, buying gifts for people and spending lots of money on trees, decorations etc, etc.

NOTHING to do with Christ.

NOTHING about the birth of Jesus and his coming to die on the cross for our sins.

However, God told Moses to tell the people

Exo 23:12 Six days thou shalt do thy work, and on the seventh day thou shalt rest: that thine ox and thine ass may rest, and the son of thy handmaid, and the stranger, may be refreshed.
Exo 23:13 And in all things that I have said unto you be circumspect: and make no mention of the name of other >>gods<<<, neither let it be heard out of thy mouth.

I would think that santa claus and everything associated with most people’s christamas celebration to be other “gods”.

Exo 23:14 Three times thou shalt keep a feast unto me in the year.

The seal/mark belongs to those that worship and obey God. Those that follow his 10 commandments, observe his 7th day sabbath and his feast/holy days are acknowledging that he is their GOD. They were given as statutes to be observed forever. We just celebrate them differently than the “Jews”.

:crown:Deu 6:17 Ye shall diligently keep the commandments of the LORD your God, and his testimonies, and his statutes, which he hath commanded thee.

:crown:Eze 20:11 And I gave them my statutes, and shewed them my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them. 12 Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.

:crown:Eze 20:20 And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I am the LORD your God.

The “Seal of God” is conformity to God’s commands and will, a passion for prayer and praise, and love for His people. These things are the evidences that the Holy Spirit has renewed the heart and that the Christian is sealed for the day of redemption. “You are sealed in Christ when you hear the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believe, you are marked with a seal, guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession”. It is good to know that God’s children are sealed, secure, and sustained amid the wickedness of this world.

:crown:Exo 13:9 And it shall be for a SIGN unto thee upon thine hand, and for a memorial between thine eyes, that the LORD’S law may be in thy mouth: for with a strong hand hath the LORD brought thee out of Egypt.

(Passover and the other holy days (feast days) are about remembering his bring us out of Egypt and then they apply to us again in the New Testament with the sacrifice of Jesus, which we are to remember and share with our children too.

:crown:Deuteronomy 11:18 -19 “You shall therefore impress these words of mine on your heart and on your soul; and you shall bind them as a SIGN on your hand, and they shall be as frontals on your foreheads. 19 And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

The Holy Days contain sabbaths outside of the weekly sabbath, that we are to observe.

Ultimately, go do your own study to see if I’m telling the truth. It is told throughout the bible. I could be here for hours. I have already done through studies and shared them @ Tammy Moody on facebook. Go read them or again do your own study. That way God, will never say to you, that he never knew you. God Bless and have a nice day.

Well, actually yes I do, but that doesn’t really matter.

Yes, I agree.

I do. :slight_smile:

I never said I disagreed with you. I respect people that don’t celebrate Christmas just as well as those that do. Yes, it’s a shame that many don’t include God in their celebrations. But I do find it a bit odd that you are promoting your studies on Facebook.

Churches are packed every week void of God, and it has nothing to do with Santa Claus and Christmas.
What would you rather have, a person with the heart of God, acknowledging the conception of His son Christ, which happens to be at the same time of the heathen rituals of said holiday, or someone who avoids everything totally of the said holiday but has become ritualistic like the Israelites did through their “blood sacrifices”?

Joseph built several alters throughout his travels, was never told to do so, but did it to honor his Lord, the God of Abraham and Isaac.

The sabbath was made for man, not the other way around. Who is Lord of the sabbath? Would you use medical care on the sabbath, electric, Fake Book, drive a vehicle, indoor plumbing, internet? People are working behind the scenes to make sure you have your modern conveniences. 7 days a week.

Anything put first in front of God, is a god, even Fake Book and Screw Tube.

Man was to take time to honor God. Congregate and hear what was told the leaders He put it charge for their own good. They had no books. He knew they would slack off, hence the statues to get them into the practice of doing so. But they turned it into an outward ritual, heart was not in it, same as in the New Testament. Why do you think God stated He hated the feast days?

There are 3 main events we are to honor the Lord with. The blood sacrifices etc., are no longer required with the cross. That doesn’t mean we can’t personally acknowledge Him at other times in our life. We all have things we are thankful for, some we know He took care of because we were powerless to do so, and I am sure He appreciates the added gesture on our part even if we do it yearly to thank Him.

If someone follows the statues and the ordinances to the letter, the heart has to be right in doing so. Paul chastised the Corinthians for turning it into a social event.

How do the “Jews” in Christ celebrate them differently than us? There is no us or them, we are all one in Christ.

:face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I promoted my facebook because I have spent the last couple of years in prayers asking the Lord to show me his truth and to lead, guide and direct me to it. I have spent hours in study and writing the posts I have on face book. I’m only on there to promote my father’s word. No other reason.

I have taken myself out of this world. I scan news on media to only to peak at what is going on in the world. I feel Jesus is going to return again before 2028.

Matthew 24 Jesus tells us of events in the last days. We are definitely in the times of sorrow. I just want to plant as many seeds as I can and warn people that we are in the end times of the last days. God Bless.

Content erased by author.

I am so conflicted over Christmas this year. While i know it is the day most celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ, I know that the December celebration date/time is really based on a pagan celebration and while i dont want to come across as a scrooge, it just seems wrong to pick one day to celebrate the birth of the Lord and his commandments. I truly wish that we could treat every day as Christmas and exhibit the sharing of love and giving that are most heavily focused on during this season every day of our lives. I do wish to send my love and prayers to all of you and, yes MERRY CHRISTMAS now and every day forward.

2 Likes

I’m right there with you this year. We decided to skip the Christmas tree and all the decor…and the hype. We are just sitting back and enjoying a non-stressful season this year. Yes, we will still be seeing family and I’m making a few homemade gifts, but that’s it. All I see now is a big “commercialized” holiday brought to you by…well, you know. I don’t even want to hear Christmas music, which is extremely different for me.

So Merry CHRISTmas to you and yours, today and everyday!

Edited to add: December 25 is when we should he celebrating the CONCEPTION of Christ. Just think, if we would have kept that truth about Christmas, I wonder if more people would look at abortion differently. :thinking: I think so!

1 Like

I agree. It’s been commercialized for many years, and it keeps getting worse. Most stores need the holiday to turn the books black instead of red. All the holidays seem to start earlier ever year. It seems the Halloween crap starts right after the 4th.

We have to ask ourselves why depression seems to rise over the holidays, as well as anger. It creates nothing but stress getting all the things done, that people think will bring happiness but in the end it is hollow.

The freedom Christ brings from all of it is priceless.

The last few years I’ve seen people do more with Halloween Decor than Christmas. And even some of the Christmas decor actually looks more like Halloween. Anything to make a buck…and out do your neighbor. I am glad I have a neighbor across the road that keeps it classy. Pat calls him the Norman Rockwell of the neighborhood! :rofl: