Luke 21: Jerusalem Surrounded By Armies

Full article at: Luke 21: Jerusalem Surrounded By Armies | World Events and the Bible

Jesus warned us, when armies compass Jerusalem, those in Judea should flee. We typically envision armies of men, but is that what Jesus was referring to?

3 Likes

Thanks Brandon, that makes perfect sense. :100:

1 Like

T.Y. Brandon. This helped to clarify my questions… Why/how could Judea escape if already surrounded by physical armies? Excellent study.

1 Like

That makes sense to me as well. Appreciate you point of view on this whole thing!

1 Like

Welcome to the community Rhonda! Hope to see you around more. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you. (you may regret that you said that some day LOL) Once I get on a roll I can write short novels on a whim. :smile:

2 Likes

Oh…as many know around here - I have a habit of rambling on going off on all different subjects at times! I’m working on that…kind of. :wink:

So, I read your article on the armies compass but I am still a little perplexed. Does this current situation mean anything at all? Biblically speaking? I understood what you said but what do we think about what is happening in Israel as we speak? Are we getting close to the abomination? Sorry sometimes I over think things and I get myself this way. :

1 Like

Is it possible they could happen at the same time

1 Like

Dear Brandon, I have read the article regarding the armies surrounding Jerusalém. However, I am not clear on this subject. What explanation do you have on the event of 70 AD when the Roman General Titus and his army compassed Jerusalém and the apostles ordered the christians to flee?

1 Like

There are a few correlations to the Titus event, same as with Antiochus IV, but not all of Christ’s predictions happened at those times.
The main event we are looking for is His return which obviously didn’t happen yet.

1 Like

I must share this. In Luke the view in 21:12 states that before all these, which are the things written in the previous verses. From verse 8 to 11. I remember Pastor Arnold saying Luke gives you a view from a different angle. So it is. I delved deeper and prayed hard for the answer to see. I believe in Matthew 24 and Mark 13 it is showing how it will be in the first tribulation before anti-christ comes where Luke shows us after we are delivered up and anti-christ is in the Temple, then Christ returns to the Temple to cleanse it and the 2nd tribulation starts and many of the same things transpire but on a spiritual level where as in Matthew and Mark its physical. I hope im not confusing to anyone. Its not my intent to mislead or confuse but Pastor Arnold said to rightly discern between the physical armies surrounding Jerusalem and the spiritual armies. God bless us with deeper truth and wisdom in the name of Yeshua. Amen.

I believe there is only one tribulation. We are only told of one. The narrative of their being 2 is so that Matthew 24:29 can be said to be the event when Satan arrives. Same as Rev 6:12. I never agreed with this.

To me, Matt 24:29 gives all the signs we see during Christ’s arrival. This is why in Rev 6:15-17, the men of every class on earth, tremble and want to die because they have been riding the whore of Babylon, whether knowing or not and now the great day of His wrath is come.

If they didn’t know already, they have been worshipping a false god. If Satan comes in peacefully and prosperously, why would they hide? He only turns the screws mid-week.

Going to Luke 21:12, the statement, “before all these”, to me, means the fearful sights and great signs in heaven during Christ’s return. Matt 24:27 tells us all shall see.

In Matt 24:7 and Mark 13:8, they are all listed but those 2, the sites and signs in heaven, which are told of in Luke 21:25-26. Then verse 27, we see Christ coming.

In Matt 24:29, it states, immediately after the tribulation, and Mark 13:24 says after the tribulation we will see those signs. This is why I believe, IMHO, those signs are of Christ’s arrival, not the antichrist. The tribulation is over so he would have to already be here, heal the wound and do his bidding.

2 Likes

Very interesting and thought Snowy!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for that explanation. That was an area that I was always a bit confused on - and now it makes sense. You are very good at explaining things! :slight_smile:

1 Like

My wife might have a different opinion. :grin:

1 Like