Lacking authority

Acts chapter 19 :11-17 I laughed out loud when I read this and the first words that came to mind was 'don’t try this at home folks.
Acts 19 :11 And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul: 12 So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs and aprons and the diseases departed from them and the evil spirits went out of them. :13 Then certain of te vagabond Jews, exorcist’s, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth : 14 And there were seven sons of one Scev’va , a Jew and chief of priest’s, which do so. : 15 And the evil spirit answered , Jesus I know and Paul I know; but who are ye? : 16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them , and overcame them , and prevailed against them , so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded. : 17 And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Eph’e - sus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified.

2 Likes

Ain’t that the truth! :rofl:

I think about all the kids that like to play with ouiji (sp?) boards and other creepy games trying to contact the dead! Pretty creepy!

2 Likes

Yeah, and they just might get more than they bargained for. evil spirits are very real, not a game.