Is Believing In Jesus Enough To Be Saved?

Full article at: Is Believing In Jesus Enough To Be Saved? | World Events and the Bible

The Bible explains we must believe in Jesus to be saved. Yet, there is more to salvation as Scripture reveals. We must believe and do the words of Christ.

3 Likes

I see it as a process we must work at every day, and then when we earn enough credit with our Father, and then he will test us with a storm, which will help us to grow more in belief if we trust in him. I believe praying and repenting daily is an act of belief, and praying for others.
James 1: 2 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, 3 for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. 4 And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

1 Like

As an adult I went through a process of wondering if I was really saved at 12 years old. When you are saved so young, you realize all your sin is as a Christian, or at least I did wonder and discern. I asked God/Jesus…am I really saved, is my name in the Book of Life? Well, Holy Spirit, Trinity answered, “Yes, you are.” I’m blessed that since I remember --it’s always been ONE God to me --GOD. God called me at a young age for a reason and I made that most important decision when I was only 12. I was saved, but never had the leadership in my inner circle. God’s grace and fingerprints are ALL OVER MY LIFE. I would not be here if not for GOD, in so many ways. I had to learn my belief was real and it wasn’t my works, it was with works. I was saved and NO ONE can take that or me away from Jesus. Did I live as “good” as I should’ve, “no.” Do any of us? However, I have always perused God/Jesus and shared the Gospel w/man. I can’t earn my way to Heaven, and I certainly can’t do “good” enough. Holy Spirit shared this with me;
KNOW GRACE --KNOW GOD
NO GOD – NO GRACE
It wasn’t until I totally understood what true GRACE and HUMILITY was…that only comes when you all you care about is giving your life to CHRIST :crown: and wanting to follow Jesus daily. I was a sinner saved by GRACE, now I’m a CHILD of GOD. It’s our true, first love relationship with GOD/JESUS/HOLY SPIRIT :latin_cross::latin_cross::latin_cross:

If we truly know Jesus and believe in him truly and sincerely [cant fool him] then we will naturally
self convict …Romans; when we do the things we know we shouldn’t and not do the things we know we should. And all of us will and do, often. We are weak in the flesh and God knows it. Any man who says he is not a sinner is a liar, avoid that person. If the holy spirit resides in our hearts, 'we know it. I had an elderly friend that I admired and respected dearly say to me one time over a glass of fine bourbon, 'I cant wait to get to heaven and find out which of the people I’ve known are there, that thought sure they would never make it, and the ones who are not there that were certain they would make it. She was 92 at the time, and had been working her garden all day. I miss that generation so much, so wise

1 Like

That was a very personal and honest. I too had a very unstable and no spiritual supportive figure in my young adulthood. I was baptized at age 7 and knew then why I wanted baptism. the influences in my life at that age was enough to prepare me for what lye ahead. I made every mistake along the way, many things I’m ashamed of. Many times I should have perished, but was saved by his grace. I never really woke up until I was in my 60’s. The holy spirit is all powerful. Once it enters your heart, it never leaves. otherwise I would have been destroyed many years ago for eternity.

1 Like

Thank you. Being honest and heartfelt is not the world’s way in life, but I THANK GOD for how He molded me and who I am.
Well, as I always say (or hubby taught me), “It’s not how you start --it’s how you finish.” Good on you for sharing, waking up, and your honesty. Glad to hear it. Yes, sometimes God calls us very young b/c he sees what’s b/f us. I didn’t see that until about 5/6 years ago, but for me, as you, all ETCHED in STONE now. I see how God sees me, b/c he revealed.
BTW, no mistake for our interaction b/c God is using you to show me hope and send a message; my son was saved at age 7 and even graduated from a private “Christian” high school. He thinks it was a “child” thing and not sure what he beleives now. His views or lifestyle wouldn’t be one of walking with God so to speak (neither one of my children, but both saved). I pray almost every day for them to wake up and see what I/you see. I feel time is getting short. Of course, if they are saved, what does it matter? I pray they really have “Jesus” in their heart and that Jesus knows their name. I pray God has patience with my children as he did you and me :pray::crown::pray:

Amen! when I read Proverbs 22:6 KJV very carefully I noticed that there is a 50 year gap between young and old. The trials period of life. when we learn from experience. When everything we were taught as a child is confirmed. There is no substitute for experience.
If tat makes any sense.

I’ve been taught that all you needed is to accept & believe; and salvation is done.
This article says no and makes sense to me.
What about the criminal that died with Jesus?
Jesus said he would be in paradise with him. He only accepted and believed.

I believe that Jesus knew his heart and He could see that it was true. That’s why I have a hard time when flesh people judge others - only God knows their true heart. Discernment is still important when evaluating people, but I believe that’s to know who to avoid.

In the case of the criminal, that’s all he could do. He displayed true faith and Jesus knew His heart and was convinced. Since they both perished hours later, the criminal did not backslide, so he was with Jesus in Heaven.

Now on a daily, lots of people commit to Jesus, but over time, some veer away from Him and go with the world. If they leave Him, God will leave them. If they leave God and accept sin, well, “the wages of sin is death,” (Romans 6:23).

2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

2Pe 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

That’s doesn’t sound like salvation to me.

Thanks for reading Mark. :+1:t3:

The other part I like in these verses is that he stood up for Christ. He chastised the other malefactor.
All he wanted was to be out of the situation without any repentance, almost challenging Christ whether He could save them.
Even at the end he was bitter and tried to throw his circumstance and poor choices on someone else. Sound familiar?

To commit to a specific knowledge, such as salvation in our Savior, is very difficult for many people taking much time and prayer. Keep all in your life in your prayers so they may overcome such difficulty’s. Remember how it was with you! aldo

2 Likes