In a first, rich countries agree to pay for climate damages in poor nations

So the rich countries are going to pay climate reparations to the “developing countries.” Turns out, China is a “developing country!” :smile::upside_down_face:

So then, you can pay to pollute, and that makes it okay. You cannot make this stuff up people!!!

The real solution, stop the greed, and create a product lifecycle which spans the duration of everything produced. Instead of becoming trash, it’s reused or easily decomposes. We have 8 billion people on the planet, something’s got to give.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/in-a-first-rich-countries-agree-to-pay-for-climate-damages-in-poor-nations/ar-AA14iUSS

Let’s see, they make all our junk to buy in the stores, that say made in china, they pollute all their water ways, send us food that is watered by polluted water, well i say, that sounds about right for the theft of our money from the american people. i wonder if they are going to make those people pay from china, that own businesses in the united states???

It’s a crazy world filled with crazy people Gwen, I’m just trying to make it through a single Sunday in one piece!

2 Likes

And let’s not forget the “throw away” society we have right now. Used to be that we would be able to buy a good well-made product that lasts. Today we buy cheap Chinese junk that only lasts a few years - I’m thinking about appliances here. And look at our vehicles. They make them with all this technology, so it’s more difficult to fix when they need fixin’.

2 Likes

do you know i have a mixer that was made by GE, actually made in america, that still works, looks like it has been thru the war, but it still works!!! it was made in bridgeport connecticut. i use to have a 1967 mustang, knew how to fix everything on it, today if you look under the hood of these cars, its like you need to be a RS to even know where to look for things. so much for chinese technology !

2 Likes

I think that is the way things are going to go these days, just to make it through one day at a time.

2 Likes

I love hitting the auctions and rummage sales! Even if the item doesn’t work, you are able to usually fix it easily. But I truly feel that has been their intent - to make it so you are unable to take care of things yourself.

And bravo on that mixer!! I have an old Nesco roaster that is absolutely the best!! One of my newer ones crapped out of course…

1 Like

We cannot wait to hit yard sales and flea markets when we settle down. We have nothing, zip, zero, nada, so it’ll be a blast getting to do that. My ancient Wagner cast iron pans came from flea markets and yard sales. I once bought stereo speakers for the shop for two smackers! They paired nice with the two 15” woofers! :loud_sound:

2 Likes

Please don’t tell me you gave up your cast iron!!! I sure hope you held onto it. Also…if you have every tried popcorn in a cast iron wok, you will never make it in anything else ever again.

2 Likes

As heavy as they are… We still have them, and use them everyday actually. I do wish they didn’t stick as much though. I’m not that good at treating them in the oven. If there are any secret tricks, I’m all ears.

We do popcorn in an airpopper. I didn’t even know there was such thing as a cast iron wok. Thanks Kay, I already learned something new with my first sip of coffee!

1 Like

So happy to hear you saved the cast iron! The most important part about seasoning a pan is patience! I have one that I use almost everyday that works excellent. I have another that sits bc I haven’t spent enough time with it. I have notes on the process that I got from a Cast Iron Cooking FB group - I’ll see if I can find it. (hanging my head in shame that I’m still on there…FB that is.)

And YES! When you are out rummaging again - keep your eyes open for one. Heck…I would even buy one new. Of course, stir fries are good in it too. :wink:

Bertha, engineering departments responsibility since 1970 has been to concentrate on making a product as ‘cost effectively’ [cheap] as possible.