Immigration and Sanctuary Cities

Hello Everyone,

I read this article today that quoted Governor Pritzer (D-Illinois). According to the article, Illinois has spent a whopping $328 million “helping Chicago’s migrant crisis.” Like other blue Democratic run cities, he and those governors are calling on the feds to help as the crisis has overwhelmed resources. In the article, Governor Pritzer is quoted as saying the following about the mayor of El Paso sending migrants to Chicago:

“[He] needs to listen to the cities that he’s sending folks to and start thinking about whether or not this should be spread across the country. Why is he not sending anybody to Idaho, Wyoming?”

Let me answer the governor’s question. First, Idaho and Wyoming are not sanctuary states and do not have sanctuary cities. Here is a map of cities, counties and states that are in sanctuary status: Map: Sanctuary Cities, Counties, and States Those states and cities elected not be in sanctuary status.

Next, Democratic governors could learn a lot from the Bible: All actions have consequences. "… A man reaps what he sows. Galatians 6:7

What does it mean to reap what you sow? It means that future consequences are inevitably shaped by present actions. You want open borders. You’ve got it. You want to burden the taxpayers of your states with more debt. You’ve got it.

Illinois cities and towns face dangerously high pension costs, high property taxes to cover shortfalls, etc. Residents pay more in taxes towards past government services and see fewer benefits from current government services for their money. Now, thanks to its sanctuary status, Illinois citizens are paying to house illegal immigrants at an astronomical cost.

Like New York and Los Angeles, Chicago is losing population. Illinois’ population decline reached record-breaking levels in 2022 as the state’s population dropped by 104,437 residents from from July 2021-July 2022. I’m curious to see the 2023 numbers once they are available.

I am for immigration as long as it’s legal. Our nation is in debt. We can’t keep passing crazy policies and the debt those policies incur to future generations to handle. If we continue to do this, we will truly reap what we sow.

Wow - the things these idiots say sometimes. And I’m with you - there is a reason for immigration laws, but nobody is abiding by them anymore.

Absolutely fantastic reporting Faith! :clap:t3:

It’s amazing how all these sanctuary cities are suddenly concerned about illegal immigration. It’s laughable Pritzer is worried about $328 million when Texas is spending billions on the problem.

That’s how it goes in life, as long as it’s someone else’s problem, it’s someone else’s problem. The minute it becomes your problem, well then, all hell breaks loose.

Good, it’s about time.

1 Like