If You Gain The World, You Will Lose Your Soul

Full article at: If You Gain The World, You Will Lose Your Soul | World Events and the Bible

We easily become sidetracked by the world and want to indulge ourselves in it. Yet, Jesus warned us, if we gain the world, we will certainly lose our soul.

2 Likes

One thing comes to mind. The one the kids are talking about. Be a YouTuber!! Everybody loses his time and mind to create content just for getting more subscribers. And what content? Of course, not of God, but if the world. The world, very sadly, doesn’t care about our Father.
Conclusion: you can gain the world being a YouTuber of renown. But you will lost your soul

1 Like

I get exactly what you are sayingabout Youtubers - they can easily get wrapped up in it so much that they can’t think or do anything else but focus on just that. Basically the same as show business. But I have to add that there are some great youtubers out there. We watch quite a few of them especially since we don’t watch any mainstream TV or movies made in Hollywood. From fishing to rebuilding cars to cutting trees - and of course railfanning (trains are my son’s passion). In fact his friend has his own railfan youtube channel all about trains. He still needs to get up to 1000 viewing hours before he can be monetized, but he’s almost there. He’s got well over 1,000 subscribers. He keeps a very level head about it. But I have seen some pretty stupid youtubers out there and you can usually tell, right off the bat if they are all about gaining subscribers.

1 Like

Over the last few years I have really taken a big step back and viewing the world. I watch people, just as you said, going to and fro, focusing on “things”…worldly things. It’s sad and makes my heart hurt. But then I also know that that is what God said would happen. It really hit me in the face when I realized that I used to be so focused on the world instead of our true purpose for being here. Be the shining light that reflects Jesus and His way of life - you never know who will see that light and make a change for themselves.

3 Likes

One thing that really struck me after the move is how much stuff is fluff. We didn’t keep the essentials packed, just the extras since we are moving again after the build.

Things like pictures, decorations, etc. etc. We didn’t buy everything that comes along, we are pretty frugal, but it is amazing how many things are just fluff and pleasure. There is nothing wrong with extras but in today’s world, they need everything.

It is almost like we are living in a VRBO without all the decor. Funny thing is, we really don’t miss the stuff. Some pictures on the wall maybe but day to day I don’t even think about it.

Society tries to train us to continually need. It is always new and improved and we have become a throw away nation by design to keep the wheels greased.

2 Likes

Hey Kay! I watch japan fisherman, awesome by the way. The barramundi of Japan is a very special fish, when it takes the lure it is amazing. He is a very talented fisherman.
But he has only like 250000 subscribers.
What I mean is the big actors, the content that will take them to the top, is what the world likes. And I think it will take you too far from God. Maybe it is not the best example. Mr beast is so focused on gaining power that he, for sure has forsaken The Lord. Even if at any moment in his life he was aware of The Lord, most probably now he isn’t.
There are two things, the content and the greed of the YouTuber which take him to the top.
Sorry, maybe I’m not explaining it well.
I don’t know if there are any YouTuber who talk the Word of God, one with many subscribers.
The money is the root of all evil (The Bible tells it). Even if you give thanks to The Lord for the wealth you obtain it could give you many problems. You could get so involved in managing the wealth you could easily forget The Lord.

1 Like

I’ll have to try to find Japan fisherman! And you explained it perfectly above. It still amazes me that some people make a good living off being a youtuber! Derek from the ViceGripGarage youtube is a perfect example. In fact, one of the cable networks picked him up for a season and he thought he would give it a try. We watched it and I’ll tell ya, we were not impressed. Over produced and Derek just wasn’t the same guy. I’m not sure if he even liked it . I was happy to see that the extra dollars didn’t sway him. His fans like the real deal - not “productions” like they do on TV.

2 Likes

Of course the name is NORA JP fishing expedition.
It is pure joy talk with the members of this great forum, people with pure hearts, good feelings, thanks be to God Almighty.
May all will be together in eternity with The Lord.

2 Likes

As much as I hate technology, I love the fact that we can communicate and make friends around the world! God bless my friend!! :sparkling_heart:

And we’ll be checking out NORA JP tonight! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Haha I hope you’ll enjoy it! Very best hugs from Spain Kay!

1 Like