I hungered for the wisdom

I hungered for the wisdom. For years I sat in a pew listening to some preachers stories. I went from church to church hoping to fine more meat. Then I met a women who told me about this Bible Study on Youtube. I have been studying for nearly 10 years now and have learned more in 10 years, (along with finding your website) than I have learned in a lifetime. Thank You.

3 Likes

My story was a little different in that I didn’t go from church to church. I was raised Catholic and just “went to church”. I never really got anything out of it. So I quit going and went on a somewhat wild path in my younger years. But I always believed in God and prayed. Then my sister told me about Shepherds Chapel and everything changed after that. It taught me how to dig and research the bible to find truths. And then I found WEB on FB and learned even more. BTW - Brandon has an excellent series on How to Study!

It’s always interesting to look back on ones journey. I pray that we can all keep planting those seeds and more will be shown the truth.

2 Likes

Shepherd’s Chapel was the Bible Study that opened my eyes.

2 Likes

@Kay and @Donna, love the conversation, but let’s please keep church names off the forum, especially that church which teaches a lot of false doctrine.

And stick with it! The SC is a great Church! I was baptized in 97 by Dr. Arnold Murray. I have followed that church every since! There are very few things that I disagree with. Like the 2 witnesses! Elijah and Moses, or Elijah and Enoch? WEB agrees to be Elijah and Enoch. And there is scriptural fact to know it as Elijah and Enoch, since Moses DIED! You cant die twice! But there are things that spiritually eat at my heart in the WEB that I’m just having to jump into! These are the 2 churches of Philadelphia and Smyrna! This rivalry has to stop! Agree one, or the other without disregard! Put on the shelf what must be! Let the Millineum sort the indifference! That is all I can humbly say!:pray::grin:

Very good info Brandon! Gotta love it! It will come out in the wash in its day!:pray::grin:

1 Like

@Todd, there’s no rivalry.

A couple of people here brought up SC, against the rules, so I asked them to adhere to those rules and not mention any church, much less that one. I was asked why, and I told them why right here.

Pastor Murray lied to his congregation over and over again. Bold-faced lies, not just on theology, but the stories he shared to garner support for him and his ministry. Good honest men don’t lie to other Christians to make them believe. No one looking from the outside in thinks this is acceptable, only people who studied with them find it acceptable.

I’ve kept all of this to myself for years and years, but I didn’t start this forum so it could be a SC meetup. If you folks want to stick to that man and church after everything that’s been revealed. Go for it, but don’t bring it here. It’s a simple and polite request.

3 Likes

I totally agree! I have lost friends from the arena of disagreement, or unsupported doctrine! I have always sought truth! If not fully attainable? I put it on the shelf! I’ll ask Yeshua in the millennium!:grin:
That’s also the reason I have been at WEB for several years. Things are black and white! No gray areas allowed!:wink::innocent::pray::point_up_2::+1::fist:
Thanks Brandon

1 Like

I absolutely will stick with it!! Now, I just need to be a bit more diligent when checking out my own beliefs. I am still thankful for said chapel for opening my eyes, but I feel even more blessed to be here with Brandon. He has a way of teaching that really spells it out for me and backs it up with scripture. He also corrects himself if he becomes aware of something that goes against what he originally taught. We are ALL always growing and learning more - God will continue to show us more and more! God bless!

3 Likes

I couldn’t agree more! And God Bless to you and yours!:wink::grin:

2 Likes

Amen Kay, my story is very much similar to yours. I couldn’t have worded it better! I have learned much about how to research, and I love to read and research Gods Word. Nothing gives me more peace and comfort. And I am so thankful that He lead me to be a part of this group! Although I am fairly new to these teachings, I have been a Christian most of my life, tried many churches and could never seem to find that peace that comes with understanding. After 35 years of searching and never wanting to give up Father crossed my path with a dear friend through my son. It wasn’t easy at first, but I hung in there, and one day I had come to realize that in order to really grasp the Truth, that I was going to have to unlearn a lot of what I had picked up in traditional church teachings, only then the Truth began to finally fall into place and with prayer and guidance the scales began to fall off of my eyes! Glory, Honor and Praise unto our one true God. I have learned much in these past 10 year’s. And I am so thankful to find myself here today studying and learning with like minded sisters and brothers! So happy! :rose::dove::heart:

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more - reading and researching in God’s Word is the most fulfilling experience we have! I’m doing Ecclesiastes again - which i haven’t read it in it’s entirety since my dad passed in 2018. It’s amazing how much more is revealed to us each time we pick up the bible. God bless!! :heart:

3 Likes