How Does The Media Influence People?

Full article at: How Does The Media Influence People? | World Events and the Bible

When we consider how the human mind works, we typically gravitate to those who share similar thoughts and experiences that we have. It can be political, religious, and so on. That is just human nature. Unfortunately, our enemies which are God’s enemies know this very well. Due to that, the enemy is able to control…

1 Like

Great write up brandon. I fully agree. Hopefully ppl can get thier eyes opened to the real truth and not any of the mainstream news. Ppl get so sucked in by the dummest stories true or made up.

I heard last night, scrolling the news, that more people are leaving Florida to move to California then all people moving to Florida. I looked at my wife and said another BS story.

Excellent article! And one thing that really surprised me was just last night I was re-reading your article “Think Think Think” and thought to myself "Brandon should publish it again in the community! And BAM, there it is!!!

I belong to a few local history FB groups. I’ll see posts and then people piecing a mystery together by looking up newspaper articles. Some just don’t make any sense - the “facts” people are stating, are they really facts? Some cannot be because it doesn’t add up. Yet people just blindly put this stuff together.

It got me to thinking about our history books. How much misinformation is in them? Now thinking about all of this stuff didn’t freak me out or frighten me. Instead it put my mind more at ease (which I know sounds odd). But seriously…if you weed out what you have been taught and stick with things that are important or relevant, your mind becomes clearer. Also you realize that so much that we have been taught is not even important. Okay…I think I’m rambling now. :upside_down_face: I was actually going to delete this whole comment, but I’ll leave it. Maybe it will trigger some thoughts from you all! :slight_smile:

Edited to add…here I am studying Psalms and Psa 55:1-23 fit pretty well with this topic.

I will add, that the man who never looks into a newspaper is better informed than he who reads them; inasmuch as he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. He who reads nothing will still learn the great facts, and the details are all false.

[Thomas Jefferson to John Norvell, June 11, 1807]

I forgot to mention this - THIS is an amazing statement! There absolutely is nothing new under the sun. And as time passed on it kept growing and growing into what we have today. Imagine what tomorrow will bring!

1 Like