How About Some Verse By Verse Study?

Full article at: World Events and the Bible

Remember the new project I’ve been working on? Well, here she is… I’m opening a new Verse By Verse section. You’ll find a link for it in the navigation menu under “Bible.” There I have a simple introduction, and below that, you’ll find what is essentially the table of contents for the various books of…

6 Likes

I absolutely LOVE this! And I truly believe that reading the bible yourself and letting it flow without mans interpretation, you gain so much more. It will be interesting as we go along with this because I also feel that God reveals to people what they need at that time in their life as they read scripture. I hope that makes sense…

Thank you Brandon! I cant always get to the computer with the 4 littles under foot but I can read at another time in this blog or in email???

1 Like

It’s Ironic that you mentioned just plain reading the Bible for edification. I just started doing that too and thought it may be a little foolish by possibly overlooking the importance of the “immediate” use (and sometimes a hinderance) of study aids for full clarification. But, to my pleasant surprise, the scripture easily flowed though the buds of my mind.

What a marvelous surprise it was. I could feel the Holy Spirit smoothly guide me through the verses with a renewed sense of understanding. In many cases I can almost see, for myself, the structures that Dr. Bullinger discovered and eloquently laid out in the Companion Bible.

I will surmise however that this may not be the best approach for new Christians. Thus the sustained importance for knowledgeable teachers. But for those whom have studied with Bible teachers for awhile, the blessings from allowing the Holy Spirit to freely guide you through God’s precious Word is absolutely exhilarating when you submit to His lead.

3 Likes

I also was pleasantly surprised as I started reading on my own. I wish I would have started doing it sooner, but I’m assuming it was in God’s perfect timing. :sparkling_heart:

I also agree having a good foundation in the Word helps a lot!

1 Like

I’m in and am excited! Thanks so much for doing this.

Faith

2 Likes

This will be epic!

Thank you Brandon, I can’t wait.

3 Likes

This is a wonderful thing! I am so excited. Thanks Brandon!

2 Likes

Welcome aboard Steven!

1 Like

I am also excited for this new project.

Thanks Brandon…

1 Like

Can’t wait, thank you Brandon!! Our family looks forward to it❤️

2 Likes

Welcome Mr. George!

It’s a fantastic experience reading it straight through. It really helps you put things in order. I’m glad to hear you are enjoying it as well.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with referencing Bible commentaries. It’s no different than listening to a Pastor on Sunday. In fact, I’m working on another project to add a few more Bible commentaries to the site.

To touch on your last paragraph. These verses came to mind.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Thanks for being a part of the fun!

Yes, you can read whenever you want and come back to it once it’s live. It will be sent out in the email and posted on the blog. You’ll also be able to find it in the new Verse by Verse section.

Thanks!

1 Like

I started reading from the beginning of the Bible 1st of the year. Taking better notes, looking at the maps to see their travels and some commentary’s. It is the difference between reading the book and studying the book.

For me, the commentary’s sometime give another approach, but the main item I like is they list the connecting verses elsewhere which can aid in other studies.

It would be the same as reading an Algebra book. If you jump around too much, you will never understand it. Verse by verse is the best way to study.

1 Like

Welcome to The World Events n The Bible!

Quick Note:

Initially, I was only going to post the Introduction to Colossians on Sunday. I changed that up by posting the Intro on Saturday and Chapter 1 on Sunday. We wanted to make sure you had enough material and decided that maybe the Intro wasn’t enough.

If you have any feedback, please let me know.

Thank you.

2 Likes