Gender-neutral God to be considered by Church of England

Apparently, I’ve been out of the loop…

For decades, the gender of God has prompted debate within the Church, with many calling for male pronouns He and Him, as well as reference to Our Father, to be scrapped in favour of either gender neutral or female alternatives.

Decades?

News to me.

Now, in what would mark a departure from centuries of tradition, bishops are to launch a project “on gendered language” referencing God in church services later this year.

I think they already did that with the post 2011 NIV Bible that everyone hated.

The move has been criticised by conservatives, who have warned that “male and female imagery is not interchangeable”. However, liberal Christians have welcomed it, claiming that “a theological misreading of God as exclusively male is a driver of much continuing discrimination and sexism against women”

“liberal Christians”…

You see the division my friends?

It’s everywhere, in everything. We cannot even be Christians, we have to be conservative or liberal. That means we’re allowing politics to dictate our religious beliefs. That’s really what this all boils down too.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/gender-neutral-god-considered-by-church-of-england/ar-AA17cFTD

1 Like

This is why the majority of the world wants everyone to see everything in a gray tone, not black and white. Now the church is buckling under as well. The grayer we become, the blurrier the lines of right and wrong are and eventually they go away.

Anyone notice how lying is not held accountable anymore? Even in the courts. Small claims court you get sworn in, lie about everything which is proven with documentation, and nothing happens. This basically teaches that you might as well lie, nothing to lose.

2 Likes

Liberal Christians is an oxymoron. If people just look around to see who are the deranged people…it’s the liberals who support communism. Communism does not support Christianity.

When we defy, reject, ignore or betray our God given instincts and common sense we become like a leaf in the wind. No longer able to stand firm on solid ground.

Oy yes I have noticed. When high profile politicians commit multiple very serious crimes, It is decided quickly by law enforcement that 'it was not intentional, he or she simply used ‘poor judgement’ and that’s the end of it. They do not go to jail, post bond, or stand before a judge.
in the old days it was 'it’s not what you know, 'it’s who you know. I n todays world, It’s who you know and what dirty little secrets you know about them.