Fear and family

Is anyone else feeling afraid with whats going on in our world? Im not afraid for myself… its my daughters and grandchildren i am worried about. I am taking it to my Father, just looking for some encouraging words from you all…my Christian family. My youngest daughter lives nearby but isnt a Christian…my oldest left today after being here for a couple months. She is Christian. Her and my son in law and 4 grandchildren travel the US in their RV. They are doing well, and living the American Dream.
I am feeling sad, afraid and stressed, and thats not like me. This Country seems to be being destroyed and it breaks my heart. Any scripture or encouraging words and prayers will be appreciated. God Bless.

I’m so sorry you are feeling this way and I totally understand. I believe this is where “practicing our faith” is the hardest. We truly have to put it all in God’s hands because He told us that worrying is futile. It’s does more damage than good actually. Focus on God’s promises and how He loves all His children. I hope that helps! You and your family are in my prayers!!

1 Like

Sister Darla,

We are indeed living in trying times. Our country has moved away from God and it seems that evil is rampant in our society and in our world. Despite this, our Heavenly Father is in control. “For the kingdom is the LORD’S: and he is the governor among the nations.” Psalms 22:28

Even when it seems things are out of control, Father is in control and has His children’s backs. Remember, our Father loves you. His Holy Spirit is in you. We were bought with a price and through inheritance are His children. Period. Never forget who you are in Christ Jesus. His blood served as a propitiation for your and all of our sins. You are a child of the living God. Hallelujah!

Here are some encouraging scriptures. I pray they bless you as they have me when my heart needs nourishment that only Father can provide:

“Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” —Isaiah 41:10 KJV

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. ----2 Timothy 1:7 KJV

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. ----Romans 8:38-39 KJV

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. ----Philippians 4:6 KJV

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.
---- Joshua 1:6-9 KJV

What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.
In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me. ----Psalms 56:3-4 KJV

And my favorite:

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. ----Isaiah 41:10 KJV

5 Likes

God Bless you Sister. You helped me get over myself. Lol i appreciate you reaching out to me and the scripture reminders. My daughter text me with what i needed to hear, and ok now. This is probably not the forum to post having a bad day. I also saw an accident just moments after it happened… the Lady died instantly… may her soul find peace and Abrahams love.
All is well.

2 Likes

Thank you Kay. Your right. Worry is futile. I gave to turn it over to God, and let go! I do this often.

1 Like

God bless you too, Darla! I’m happy that you’re feeling better. I hope the woman who passed away knew the Lord.

First, it’s okay to have a bad day. Heck, we all have them. I know I do! This forum is totally appropriate to share this. Secondly, please be gentle with yourself. What I’ve learned about sadness, anxiety, and sorrow is that it’s part of being a human being in a flawed world. The more I learn about our Father, His Word, His Wisdom, His Love, and His Discipline, the more pain I feel during times of distress. I know that sounds strange. God grants wisdom to those who seek him. It’s His Wisdom that brings a greater awareness of just how flawed we are and the world we live in truly is. We can no longer live in this world as robots being led by lunacy, lies, and wickedness. We are no longer blind. God’s wisdom teaches us to understand life, its redundancies, wickedness, etc. Human futility without God teaches that life’s purpose is what our human minds and experiences teach us. We know this is not true as children of God, we yearn for truth and for Him to rule us. We yearn for the world to be the way God intended it to be and when it’s not, we get snapped back to reality.

I hope this doesn’t sound bizarre. I believe you are yearning for things to be the way God intended. Just know you have people (including me and others in this forum) who love you and support you.

5 Likes

In Jesus Name Amen :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

In Jesus Christ Precious Name Amen :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

2 Likes

In Jesus Name Amen :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

Thank you Faith fot your kind words of wisdom. Being gentle with myself is something i need to learn to do. And yes, i do yearn for things of yhis world to be the way God intends it to be. I yearn for evil to be put away, and Gods way to be the reality on this earth. I appreciate your kindness, honesty and love!

3 Likes

That whole message was absolutely beautiful @Faith!

3 Likes

Amen!! And when we turn everything over to our Father, Don’t pick it up again because then you are telling our Father you don’t trust Him😥

3 Likes