Ezekiel temple vision

My question concerns the temple vision given to Ezekiel and what manny refer to as the “millennial temple”. Brandon I have read your belief, and the explanation of why you believe so, that the final temple that will be established upon Christ’s return is not a physical building but a spiritual temple and this makes sense to me. Therefore where does the temple shown to Ezekiel fit in as it does not appear to have been built yet but does not fit the description of the temple currently being planned in Israel (at least to my limited understanding) and is too large to even fit on the Temple Mount. Since it has animal sacrifice areas and Christ fulfilled this in scripture, I am very confused to how, where and why this fits into our future and yet to be fullfilled prophecy. Forgive my ignorance on this but I am trying to truly understand God’s word and it is never easy for me.

Love this question and looking forward to @brandon’s take on it. I will have to dig in tonight to get up to speed.

Me too. You will find it begins in chapter 40 and is extremely detailed in description and measurements. Too much detail to be metaphorical.

I tried to find Brandon’s article on his thoughts regarding this and wasn’t able to find it. I thought that would help me dig onto this. I did find where he talked about there not being a physical temple during the tribulation.

It got late before I was able to start looking into this, so I will have to put this aside…I need to sleep because we are going to chase trains. (Life of a mom with a railfan for a son!) :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

There is a bible study titled " Will A Third Temple Be Built In Israel?"

I believe there will be a temple in the millennium, but I don’t think it will exist until Christ returns. I think the article that you are referring to is discussing the tribulation period when anti-christ is here.

Or…maybe I missed something…I’m a bit wiped out. Tomorrow and Monday are 2 more train chasing days. My son has a friend here from out of town and yep, he’s a railfan too.

Edited to add…I just continued reading more of Ezekiel…and now I’m confused too and have the same questions. Why would there be animal sacrifices in the millennium? Ok…I’m tired. I hope Brandon chimes in or someone else.

1 Like

That Ezekiel temple vision was made under the old covenant.Which was rejected when Jesus Christ was crucified.We have the new covenant described in Rev 20.And

Hebrews 8:13 (KJV) In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.