Does God Promise To Feed And Clothe Christians?

Full article at: Did Jesus Promise We Will Be Fed and Clothed? | World Events and the Bible

Jesus promised that God would provide Christians with their basic food and clothing needs. However, this was a conditional statement, dependent on seeking God first.

3 Likes

Hi. Great post about God providing. I want to share a story about my mother. She is the person that taught me what a true Christian is. I could write a book about her legacy in order to really tell everything I witnessed in her life journey. It’s truly a a story about faith and walking with God. She wasn’t rich and when she passed, she didn’t leave us a monetary worldly inheritance, but left us with a heavenly inheritance that is worth more than any earthly treasure. She went through many hardships in her life, but her faith never ceased. She never complained and never cursed. She just kept serving the Lord. Not once did we ever go without food or shelter, even though my father gambled all our grocery and rent money. Despite all that, we never experienced homelessness. My father almost lost our house due to his drinking and gambling addictions. My mother was an immmigrant from Mexico that spoke little English, yet went on to go to school, build a business, sent me to my dream private college, that was extremely expensive, and saved our house from foreclosure (after my father suffered a fatal car accident). She ended up with dementia in her old age, and was in a care facility when she needed 24 hour professional care. The nursing staff loved her because for a dementia patient, she never had violent outbursts. Dementia turned her into a happy childlike person. We enjoyed many moments visiting her at the home, watching her sing and dance with all her friends at the care facility. She was a beautiful and happy soul. She remained that way until her last breath. For me, that was enough proof that God exists and truly does take care of us. I miss my mother. She was a true gem, and her love for Jesus was the legacy she left behind and the greatest gift we received from her. I hope to one day write a book about her in order for others to see, that God is there. Even when things seem like they are in the darkness.

2 Likes

Mathew Chapter 6 all red letter, 'Jesus speaking directly to us. How to pray, what to pray and where to pray [the lords prayer] appropriate in any and all occasions. The father knows what we have ‘need’ of before we ask. Mathew 6:33 Amen.

4 Likes

I’ve been blessed to know two people like your mother. I was a better person for just being around them. People you can never forget.
you were truly blessed to have a mother like her.

4 Likes

Amen ! Thank you for sharing the red letter scriptures. I will read them and look into them.

2 Likes

God will send Ravens wilth food for his people. He will not forget his people and he will strengthen them for whatever else is going on.

1 Like

That’s right. He also stopped the sun and moon from moving ( yes the sun and moon move not the earth) for joshua to win the battle. Now that’s serious! That shows he will do whatever is needed to take care of us if its in his plan and we truly follow him.

Joshua 10:12-14
[12]Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.
[13]And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.
[14]And there was no day like that before it or after it, that the LORD hearkened unto the voice of a man: for the LORD fought for Israel.

2 Likes

I think I said this before on another post. I believe there are parameters set up from the beginning, just like gravity. It just is.

If someone follows the Lord’s system of finance, whether they are believers or not, they will be successful. His laws of finance, work, etc., will not fail.

Some believers miss the fundamental law, the Lord helps those who help themselves. He will teach you how to fish, He isn’t going to continually buy you fish. You have to bring your rod and be patient. You cannot be a believer; go against His basic laws and principles He has set up and expect everything to work out.

This is why some believers say, why do some of the nonbelievers always seem to have it better? (Those who do it honestly) Because they follow God’s laws of success. The wheat and tares live and share the same world.

The same goes with health. If someone follows the Lord’s tips on healthy living, being healthy to start with, you will generally be healthy.

2 Likes

So true! and it’s not rocket science Snowman. On finance, only buy the things you have need of. NEED being the keyword. Reckless spending leads to strife and despair. And 'I believe is the #1 cause of divorce among young couples. wonderful things will come in due time. When we try to make it happen 'right now! disaster looms.

The bible tells us many times that the wages of sin is death. Does that mean that he will kill you if you drink alcohol? NO! But the alcohol will kill you if you use it stupidly and often. It is a known medical fact that excessive alcohol consumption will lead to serious health problems and eventual death if continued. Not to mention the suffering imposed on the innocent. All things in moderation. When that law is broken it is sinful, 'concerning all things. Drinking too much water will make you sick!

I have to agree completely Snowman.

3 Likes