Do Not Be Envious Of The Wicked

Full article at: Do Not Be Envious Of The Wicked | World Events and the Bible

At times, we see the wicked get ahead in life and think how “lucky” they must be. Yet, God has told us do not be envious of the wicked and for good reason.

5 Likes

This is what I will await for.

Matthew 6:19-21
King James Version

19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

3 Likes

Thank You for this article, Brandon. Your studies and the scriptures you use always bring me much comfort just when I needed them.

5 Likes

It’s all about stuff.
His pile of stuff is bigger than my pile of stuff.
His stuff is shinier than my stuff.
His payment living with his stuff is unfairly calculated compared to my stuff.
He owes me some of his stuff.

Facts about stuff:
The more stuff you have, the more work it is to maintain said stuff.
It is more work to protect more stuff. Which takes more protective stuff.
Most people with big piles of stuff aren’t happy. That’s why they work for more stuff. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

And it’s not only “stuff”, but stature within the community! I think about kids and sports. “My friend is joining the elite team, so I need to try out for that as well.” I thank the Lord that my son never got into sports. He did play t-ball and then found out there were actual scouts at the games eyeing up players for their teams and my son was one of them. Thankfully he had no desire to play again the next year. They train them like adult athletes, the parents are rude and it’s a total money pit! Sports are not like they used to be for kids.

5 Likes