Debate about the rapture

2Th 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

1 Like

Many are saved out of the tribulation. That answers your question that "there are no Christ believing people on earth for the 7 years?

"After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;" Revelation 7:9

ā€œAnd one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.ā€ Revelation 7:13-14

Not sure what point you are trying to make.

1 Like

So who gets delivered up to give a testimony for Christ is there is no one left who believes in Him?
Those who come out of tribulation have to be educated by someone. Satan is not going to bring someone in who already took his mark.

Hello Jim I looked up this harpazo word
and I dont see it.1 Thessalonians 4 the subject is Where are the dead?Not Jesus can come at any moment.

Revelations is the final say from God on the matter and its 7 seals 7 trumpets and 7 vials.

Greek: Ī±Ģ”ĻĻ€Ī±ĢĪ¶Ļ‰
Transliteration: harpazō
Pronunciation: har-padā€™-zo
Definition: From a derivative of G138; to seize (in various applications): - catch (away up) pluck pull take (by force).
KJV Usage: catch up (4x), take by force (3x), catch away (2x), pluck (2x), catch (1x), pull (1x).
Occurs: 17
In verses: 13

Matthew 11:12 (KJV) And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

Matthew 13:19 (KJV) When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

John 6:15 (KJV) When Jesus therefore perceived that they would come and take him by force, to make him a king, he departed again into a mountain himself alone.

John 10:12 (KJV) But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

John 10:29 (KJV) My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Fatherā€™s hand.

Acts 8:39 (KJV) And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

Acts 23:10 (KJV) And when there arose a great dissension, the chief captain, fearing lest Paul should have been pulled in pieces of them, commanded the soldiers to go down, and to take him by force from among them, and to bring him into the castle.

2 Corinthians 12:2 (KJV) I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.

1 Thessalonians 4:17 (KJV) Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Jude 1:23 (KJV) And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

Revelation 12:5 (KJV) And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

The issue of RAPTURE in the bible trick. Jude 1:14 states that Enoch, the seventh from Adam (seventh trump) will come with ten thousand saints ā€¦ In Mtt 24:31 and Rev. 1:7 have another version. Please clarify.

Jim, how can a man be saved if his heart is wicked and corrupt. He canā€™t. a well can not produce salt and sweet water. the flesh is tempted but the light in the heart prevails. that light is the holy spirit. That is why God sees into the heart and not the flesh. Thanks for the input.

Snowflakes, what would you think if millions of people suddenly disappeared? Wouldnā€™t you also believe Jesus actually DID take us? Or would you believe what they will probably say to the world; that we were taken by UFOs to be ā€œtrained in spiritual evolutionā€ or some other lie. As soon as we disappear, many millions of people will realize that what we had preached to them for many years, is the truth and that we actually HAD been taken by Jesus Christ and immediately accept Him at that time thus being SAVED. They will accept the Gospel. There are millions of people the world over who have resisted who will come to Him after the Rapture. My dad is one who rejects Jesus now and he told me on several occasions that if we (those in his family and extended family) were to suddenly disappear he would most certainly believe. That is the only hope I have for him to be saved. (although God could save him as I type) Comment threads like this will still exist for some time after the Rapture and many people will read them and be saved, disbelieving the lie that we had all been ā€œabducted by aliensā€. Snowflakes; stop resisting the truth. I have spelled it out for you clearly. The Bible makes it even more clear. We are about to disappear. If you are saved, i.e. born again by accepting by faith the death, burial and Resurrection of Christ, you are going also!

You said, ā€œ1 Thessalonians 4 the subject is Where are the dead?Not Jesus can come at any moment.ā€
To come to that interpretation is to stretch the meaning of the words beyond any recognition. You may as well say that the verse means ā€œthe British are coming!ā€

You said ā€œI looked up this harpazo word and I donā€™t see it.ā€ But then you quote or copy and paste the very word you said you couldnā€™t find!!

You are using the very evidence that I would use in defense of the Rapture AGAINST it!

I just highlighted and searched Harpazo and PAGES of info came up on the word. If you people who deny the truth continue to make blatantly false statements in regard to my comments, and choose to debate so carelessly, I will not respond. I am here to defend the TRUTH which I have found and am certain of. If you donā€™t want to defend your view the same way I will not come back because it would be futility to do so and even against the advice of Scripture.

What would you think if Satan shows up and you are still here?

No one here is denying anything except your interpretation. Even still, we have not. Cherry picking scripture to show a view does not work.

Go through 2 Thess verse by verse and explain each one. Show us what Paul meant when he said:

2Th 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2Th 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Satan is not going to be sitting in Godā€™s temple in Heaven. It will be here. So, therefore, he needs to be revealed to us, before, before, Christ comes.

Christ is not going to use the Holy Spirit through deniers to be delivered up. The Holy Spirit is not in them to begin with. They havenā€™t accepted Christ; therefore, it isnā€™t given to them.

Zionism doesnā€™t fly.

In following the migration after the captivityā€™s, Europe, The Americaā€™s etc. would all be ancestors of the 10 lost tribes. Plus, others. The 12 tribeā€™s bloodline was mostly diluted before Moses and Joshua died. This was before they denied God and wanted their man king and here we are. The dilution has continued, and I would doubt there are many pure 12 tribesman left.

The nonbelieving so-called Jews, which is only one bloodline tribe, donā€™t get any other treatment than other heathen tribes receive. Sin is sin. God is not a respecter of persons. The cross totally took away the outward qualifications. Believers are now ALL spiritual Hebrews, the ones who were supposed to set the example for the world, called Jews. Abraham, Isaac and Jacob were not Jews, nor Paul.

To say that unbelievers are going to convert since their neighbors disappear is no different than saying the start of the trib gives people an advantage as to the timeline and where they stand. If my neighbor goes, I pony up. If the trib starts, I pony up.

Living a sinful life voluntarily thinking you can convert at the last minute is nonsense. The heart is not there. If the rapture were true, there would be no reason for the 2 witnesses. The rapture would be proof enough and the 10-virgin parable would be of ill effect.

All scripture must align, every thought and word. It does not contradict itself or God is a liar. Paulā€™s words in 2 Thess are complete, clear and simple. He laid it out plainly.

Whether you believe in the rapture or not, is not a prerequisite for going to the big banquet. I am a believer, follow Christ, pray daily, sometimes every 5 minutes if Satan tries to enter my head with nonsense because I have the faith that He will come and take me to the final reward which I am not deserving of.

This is what I say as my final thoughts to a rapture believer: If I am going on a long trip through the desert, I take plenty of water in case it takes longer than I think. I donā€™t take just enough to get me across like the 10 virgins. I donā€™t have to worry about when the trip starts or ends, just be ready when it does through the whole thing.

2 Likes

Uh, may I ask you a question?

Are you by any chance a Zionist?

Was just asking because it would save having to ask 99.9% of questions to understand your stance on the ā€œany moment doctrineā€

Thanks!

I am not a Zionist. I also maintain no ā€œbrick and mortarā€ church membership as we are in the age of apostasy (the falling away of the church). I am a King James Bible believer and Bible student who studies everyday, rightly divides the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15) and seeks truth in all matters. I am born again of the Spirit, saved, sanctified by God and I love Him with all my heart, all my soul and all my strength.

I will exit this conversation now but before I go I would like to know why all Rapture deniers quote 2 Thessalonians 2 but never make it to verse 8 which, beginning at verse 7 says, " For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. And THEN shall that Wicked be revealed,"

Putting the whole thing in CONTEXT can ONLY mean that the antichrist (that Wicked) will be revealed to the world AFTER we are gone. We are the only thing holding him back at this time and if he were revealed while we true Christians were still here, he would be immediately identified and this would substantially hinder his plans of world domination and thus we would see the evidence of that in the Scripture.

For years I considered the Rapture debate to be non essential Christian doctrine however, I have moved my stance on this up a bit. Iā€™m not saying that belief in the truth of the Rapture is necessary for salvation (and that is really all there is - salvation by the Blood of Jesus Christ) but it is MOST necessary for understanding Godā€™s entire PLAN for those who love Him.

I am no longer going to attempt to persuade you or anyone else that reads my comments here, I write to those who will read them AFTER I am gone. My comments will stay here unless removed by the author of this blog so I have not wasted my time here if he allows them to remain. Jesus WILL come VERY soon.

If you are saved by the Shed Blood of Jesus Christ and you believe the Gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) that He is GOD in the Flesh of a man who came for the purpose of sacrificing Himself and shedding His Blood to pay our sin debt; He was Crucified, died and was buried and rose again on the third day and now sitteth at the Right Hand of the Father IN His Throne and He ever liveth to make intercession for believers, I will see you in the clouds of Heaven with Jesus. Over and out.

ā€œWe are holding him back at this timeā€¦ā€ (I thought it was Michael that is holding that Wicked one back?)) Please comment and thank you.