Could you please pray for my son?

Hello Christian family and friends!
We recently had a very scary experience with one of my sons, he is 6. We had to take him to the ER, and the dr is treating him for Lyme Disease. He has never been on antibiotics (which I hate for many reasons) but my son was having a horrible reaction, uncontrollable fever up to 105, couldn’t walk, growing abscess/rash by the hour, couldn’t move his neck (which is where the possible bite was). I didn’t actually see the tick embedded, but I did see the nymph (super tiny) tick engorged crawling on his hair. I have a pic of it. I feel extreme guilt for not finding it.

He is doing much better now (1 week on antibiotics.) but it is hard to tell if he will have lingering issues.
My son, Benjamin (Benny) is the sweetest most precious little boy, and we are doing everything we can to heal him and boost his immune system, gut health, but we believe the power of prayer is the most important part of healing.

I have felt God leading this entire time and guiding us. From reading about this disease, many drs do not even recognize it! But I have a feeling God brought that dr in the ER for us. Many nurses there thought ‘he fell (bump), and he just needed motrin’…. We see his Primary Dr the beginning of Oct so we will see what he says. But I may have to find alternative treatments, and drs. Please pray for guidance! :heart::heart:

7 Likes

I will be praying for your little guy. Lyme is something I am very familiar with. I have what they call progressed Lyme. First and foremost…do not feel guilty and don’t freak out. I truly believe that building his immune system is the most important thing along with faith in our Lord Jesus.

Do not let this disease freak you out. It’s not as scary as some may lead you to believe. There was a discussion over in the health category about Lyme from a while back.

I will be praying not only for your son, but for you as well. Always keep God in the equation before making decisions. :pray:

5 Likes

Prayers sent for you and your boy.

4 Likes

Our prayers are with Benny and your whole family Meaghan. :pray:t3:

3 Likes

Sending prayers for your son and family.

4 Likes

Thank you very much everyone! I read the Thread on ticks/Lyme, and am ordering books that were suggested and some found helpful!! :heart:

3 Likes

Thanks Kay! I’m sorry you have dealt with this. I believe God made our bodies so wonderfully, and given the right things (sometimes the simplest things) we are able to heal. Thank you for your information in the other thread about ticks/lyme!

3 Likes

Absolutely! People really make it sound like an awful disease when it is actually very manageable. More damage is done by doctors that don’t know what they are doing and be careful with Lyme literate doctors, they can rob you blind. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you want. But i have a very good feeling that God has got this! Continued prayers for Benny!

2 Likes

Prayers for your son. A healing in the name of Chris. Amen t

5 Likes

In Jesus Christ Name Amen :yellow_heart: :heart:

4 Likes

Praying for your son and your family. God is in control and that’s so comforting.

5 Likes

Prayers for your son, Benny, and for you. I agree with @Kay, and knowledge is power. There are some good information out there to help combat and deal with Lyme’s. I always ask God to guide me, when I do research.

4 Likes

Prayers sent from my husband and I for a total recovery with no lingering symptoms :pray:t2::pray:t2:

4 Likes

@Meaghan I know there are tons of videos and information out there. But if you want a quick run down of good herbs and supplements, one of my favorite youtubers just posted one on Lyme.

2 Likes

Dear Lord, please hear our prayers for little Benny and restore him to full health so he can live his life for You and be a witness for You and to others who are going through similar troubles. I pray that this is Your will. Please comfort his family as they go through this difficult time. In Jesus’ name. Amen

5 Likes