Can You Repent In Your Last Breath And Be Saved?

Full article at: Can You Repent In Your Last Breath And Be Saved? | World Events and the Bible

Anyone can repent and be saved, even up to the point of their final breath. However, it must be genuine, but that does not mean they obtain Heavenly rewards.

2 Likes

I have to disagree Brandon. Matthew chapter 20 ‘workers in the vineyard’ And the prodigal son in Luke 15 and Mathew 18: 10-14
I missed one last week someone mentioned ‘once saved always saved’ I believe that to be absolutely true providing you were truly saved by the blood of Christ and the holy spirit.
Romans 6

1 Like

I would have to say if someone repented then they should be the servant, slave to righteousness. But if they choose to be they servant of sin, their righteous standing is not valid.

The old man as it says needs to die, that means no more habitual sin. But if you choose to resurrect your old ways of sin, you yourself broke the deal and the promise is no longer valid.

The 10-virgin parable is a good example. They were pure but something happened to not let them in. They didn’t have the oil necessary all the way through.

Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.

Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

There is no flesh without sin except Jesus Christ. We all live in sin while in the flesh, but are made righteous in faith by grace. good luck to anyone who talks out of both sides of their mouth, your heart will convict you. That’s how I interpret Romans 6

Also, you can not fear God unless you believe in him.

Does the word “backsliding”come to mind in this discussion?

Yes, same as the falling away, apostacy, to forsake.

True repentance is a changing of our mind and heart. We are still flesh-beings and try, but we still fall short. Our sins are forgiven, by the finished work of Christ on the cross. The Word tells us ALL sins, past, present, and future are forgiven. My heart and love for the Lord Jesus Christ, does not allow me to sin willfully….yet, I know, many times I fall short. So, I pray and ask for forgiveness. I always want to be a better me and pleasing to the Lord.

2 Likes

Some food for thought on the “once saved always saved” bit…

2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

2Pe 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

2 Likes