Can You Explain Revelation 9?

Full article at: Can You Explain Revelation 9? | World Events and the Bible

Revelation is filled with symbology. Who is the star, who are the locust, will they kill 1/3 of mankind? We break this chapter down into understandable terms.

3 Likes

Wow! There is so much in there. Trying to keep straight the timeline while Revelations bounces around is challenging.

200 million angels followed satan in the first world age, that is staggering.

Thank you for breaking this down. Now I am going back and look through all the studies again that you provided links for.

3 Likes

I’ll be doing the same. The Word reveals more and more every time I study. Have a blessed day!

Just as @ToddHenry said, I’ll be digging in to all the links. I know I’ve read them before, but I get a better understanding each time I study. Thank you Brandon - hope you and your family are having a blessed day!

3 Likes

Troubling right?

However, I do think the number is far higher, (Rev 12:4). If you haven’t already, maybe give the Fall of Satan a read. I think a whole lot more followed Satan in the World That Was.

2 Likes

200 M compared to the world population…would that be about 1 per every 40 people?

I read the Fall of Satan today, fantastic!

2 Likes

I don’t believe satan has the key to the bottomless pit, I believe Michel has it. We are in the fifth trumpet but the lies and deception are on the news every night. The first woe is when satans army comes down to earth, the sixth trumpet and the second woe is when satan appears on earth claiming to Jesus, the seventh trumpet and the third woe is when Jesus returns.

Welcome to the forum Clarence, thanks for joining us.

1 Like

most on here don’t believe satan has the key either, we believe Michael has it. If I’m not mistaken, @brandon has a study on any of the trumpets have actually sounded? Brandon, help me if I’m wrong here…

So it’s clear, I’m not included in that group. I do not believe Michael is the “star fall from heaven” in Revelation 9:1-2. God’s Angels do not fall, nor have they. For what it’s worth, notable scholars agree with that.

Now after the Tribulation, we do see “an angel come down,” not fall, “from Heaven”. This Angel has the key of the bottomless pit, and a great chain to bind up Satan. He is not named, so it’s really a moot point.

Rev 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

@ToddHenry, I have several different studies on the Seals, Trumpets, and Vials. I’ll refer you to that topic page which may help. I’d love to go back over these at some point!

1 Like

I misspoke here @brandon , I dont believe that to be Michael either.

2 Likes

I read a bunch of them this am, thoroughly enjoy them!

1 Like