Can I ask for a little help and guidance?

Last year before my niece enlisted into the Air Force, she got married to her longtime boyfriend. It was a quick courthouse ceremony. Well, this year they are having the big ceremony and they asked me to officiate it. Since they are already married, I don’t have to register with the county or state.
This is a first for me. Does anyone have any experience with this that you would be willing to share? Even if you don’t have experience, do you have any thoughts? A couple scriptures, what to say in my message, etc. I want to keep it 20 minutes tops.

It may be worth noting that 75% of the crowd would be considered “non-Christian”, although I hate that term.

I thank you in advance :pray:

4 Likes

That’s a hard one for me. But I will think about it and see if I can at least point you in some direction. I hope someone else can help. But I must say, that is quite the honor being asked to officiate her wedding!

2 Likes

Good mornin Ken, I’ve performed quite a few wedding ceremonies in my life. I will help you anyway I can.

1 Like

Well what an honor! I’ve been to a few weddings and I hear this verse that is used a lot.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8, I usually like the KJV but I think the 75% of the crowd would understand the NIV version of that verse better.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

Hope that helps

5 Likes

Thank you, Maggie. That is one verse I do plan on using. Thanks for the input.

2 Likes

Hey Todd! I appreciate it!
I’m really looking for an outline, a few scriptures, a simple but inspiring message. I don’t need a complete ceremony, just some ideas and an outline. I always have writer’s block at the start. We can communicate here, or feel free to email me, *** removed ***

2 Likes

Thank you, Kay. I appreciate the kind words.

2 Likes