Can Christians Eat Pork?

It appears we are all over the map here. Different topics thrown in on one statement.

I will end with this:

As stated before, scripture tells us that the laws of God were to be obeyed (to their best ability, even circumcision) by all once preached. The Israelites were to be the spoke persons of that law. (Exodus 19:5-6) Preachers to the world.
Anyone obeying that law showed faith in the true God. Same as Abraham. HIs faith was accounted for righteousness. (Gen 15:6)

Anyone who believed and was circumcised, was adopted in the Abraham covenant. Some took part in the first Passover. (Exodus 12:43-49) One law to all. (Waiting on the new covenant through Christ, circumcision of the heart)

Both covenants took faith. One in God through circumcision and obeyance to the law, not being perfect, and the new covenant, faith in Christ our redeemer.

Nowhere in the Old Testament does it say it was just for the Jewish people.

Abraham was not a Jew. Neither was his son Isaac or his son Jacob. Moses’s right-hand man was not a Jew.
If the law and Abraham covenant only applied to the Jews, no outsiders would have been allowed to take Passover. There would be no reason to establish a kingdom of priests which was the goal of the Lord with the Israelites to take His word to the world.

3 Likes

I would not call, not eating pork a false teaching. If you do not think the Old Testament is relevant than that’s your opinion and that’s fine. But what did Jesus dying on the cross change about a pig? They are still unclean. God created them to clean the earth.

Romans 2:12-13
12 All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. 13 For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.

Romans 7:7-12
7 What shall we say, then? Is the law sinful? Certainly not! Nevertheless, I would not have known what sin was had it not been for the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, “You shall not covet."8 But sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, produced in me every kind of coveting. For apart from the law, sin was dead. 9 Once I was alive apart from the law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died. 10 I found that the very commandment that was intended to bring life actually brought death. 11 For sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, deceived me, and through the commandment put me to death. 12 So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous and good.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
19 You surely know that your body is a temple where the Holy Spirit lives. The Spirit is in you and is a gift from God. You are no longer your own. 20 God paid a great price for you. So use your body to honor God.

Mind body and soul need to be Intune with God and that includes taking care of your body as best as possible so we can be good examples and spread the Gospel. The US Gov is in with big pharma they want us sick, fat, and lazy. I’ll pass on anything they say about health!

Now things I would call false teaching are prosperity gospel and heliocentrism (sun does not move and is center of the universe). The bible clearly states both are false. Many cling more to man vs what the bible says. It is very easy to be deceived, just look at nasa lol! Biblical cosmology is the truth!

Hosea 4:6
6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

Most people are lazy and will not study deep and ask for discernment. If you do not study and try to learn many will be deceived and not make it. There are many false teachings that can lead you away from God, but I would not call avoiding eating pork that. Knowledge is power.

2 Likes

Brandon, the only thing that upsets me about your artical is how hard it is to find beef bacon in any local store. Pork seems to be in so many things (pepperoni, etc.) that it may be hard to avoid altogether but despite the fact i love my ham sandwiches, etc i am going to try and eliminate or at least severely restrict my pork intake. I would rather error on the side you presented than to think i tried to rationalize away what appears to be God’s still valid command.

3 Likes

There is some real good turkey bacon out there.

1 Like

Yes, like this one.

We’ve been eating it for years. I have a hunch the company is Christian. Not to mention, they hold the Guinness World Record for the longest piece of turkey bacon at 17ft.

What’s not to like? :smile:

2 Likes

Oh…you are gonna love this! I am making a beef/turkey pepperoni. I got it from my favorite youtuber, Rain Country. I’ll post it tomorrow!

I do my best to avoid pork, but I agree, it is hard. I’m finding great alternatives. I feel blessed that we are able to order beef bacon from where we get our grassfed cow. But even spicing up ground beef with sage, onion, and fennel can make a great breakfast sausage replacement especially for biscuits and gravy. One of my hardest things to give up was brats…being from Wisconsin…I grew up eating grilled brats. And beer brats are even better. Beef or chicken brats don’t even come close.

Edited to add…we avoid soy also…trying to avoid that isn’t easy! But we are doing pretty good at buying single ingredient foods…not all, but most!

3 Likes

Never heard of that brand…I’ll have to check it out.

1 Like

Tommy here, You have found a nice mix of folks. I missed anyone asking why would there be a list of food to be received, if ALL was OK to be received.

1 Like

Chicken bacon is good too.

I’ll have to try it.

Hi, here in Spain, where it is a pig farm, it smells like bear scat at kilometers away. In Segovia where I was born it is so.
Recently there has been a bout of catarrh in my house. Only two of us don’t eat pork. The only two who didn’t fall sick. Me and my son. Go figure.
And now it smells me bad when there is pig in a dish of long boiling time.
I ate a lot of pork in My life, not anymore.
It’s the same as seafood. Here are a lot of seafood, like clams and navajas, etc. These two, even ultra fresh, at times taste like ass, literally. They are water cleaners.
If God told us not to eat explicitly these animals, how that is related to the death of Christ on the cross. Our bodies are the same now and then.
It’s just common sense.

I’ve never heard of that brand either. I guess I don’t really frequent the meat areas in the grocery store…so that could be the reason. Thanks for sharing, I’ll look for that brand as well. Its always nice to have something in a pinch.