Bank Runs, Blow Ups And Backstops Are Here

Full article at: Bank Runs, Blow Ups And Backstops Are Here | World Events and the Bible

The sky is dark gray, there’s no sunshine today… The gloom moved in on Friday when Silicon Valley Bank was abruptly shutdown by the FDIC. This deviated from the norm when it comes to bank closers. Those usually take effect after hours on Friday, in an orderly fashion I might add. However, the panic was…

1 Like

Thank you, Brandon, for explaining this in a way that I can understand what is happening. I’ve tried all morning, listening to the news, to figure this out. The whole financial thing is not something I totally understand, but I feel you helped me get a grasp on it. Am I wrong to assume that basically they are printing more money to save these institutions?

1 Like

Hey, if Joe says “everything is fine” you can “bank” on it. :skunk:

2 Likes

Ron Paul has been right for over 30 years! We need to audit the Federal Reserve! The Federal Reserve is no more “Federal” than Federal Express. They have been printing money with nothing to back it since we have been taken off the Gold Standard.

3 Likes

That’s exactly right. If I am not mistaken, Kennedy was going to shut them down and it didn’t turn out to well.

4 Likes

Thanks for making some sense of what is going on. I was going to try to make heads or tails out of this mess at some point…but gotta tell ya…my brain was not there for it!

1 Like

If I understand this correctly, this would be without paying interest to a parasitic entity creating money out of thin air.
The fed are parasites the American people are the host.

The Constitution gives Congress the power over the currency of the United States including the power to coin money and regulate its value. Congress also has the power to charter banks to circulate money. The converse power of the creation of currency is to regulate any and all counterfeit currency.

Coining Currency

Article I, Section 8, Clause 5:

United States Library of Congress, The Constitution of the United States of America: Analysis and Interpretation

[The Congress shall have Power . . . ] To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures; . . .

4 Likes

Same as when Bush signed the bail out. The banks received the bail out, they still foreclosed on the homeowners, and kept the houses to sell to someone else.

Double dipping. Sweet deal for them and the taxpayer took the shaft.

2 Likes

Yes, that is about the long and short of it, until Congress abdicated their powers to the Federal Reserve in 1913.

You’re a pretty smart fella for a gardener. :farmer: :smiley:

You got it!
I read a book years back called “The Creature from Jekyll Island”.
It broke it down step by step how the parasites took control.

It was pretty heavy reading for me anyhow.
Had to take breaks from it as it got me so p****d off.

Lincoln tried to tell the central banks to stick it by printing debt free green backs during the civil war.

They shot him in the head.

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words.

However, my wife calls me “turnip” brain. :crazy_face:

G. Edward Griffin woke me up with that book indeed. Griffin is brilliant, and reading that book made me mad as well, but I am glad I got informed.

Another interesting book on the banks throughout history was one called
“On the horns of the Beast and the New World Order”. by Bill Still

Same playbook “they” have been using.
Nothing new under the sun.

1 Like

I’ll have to find it and read it.

Basically.

To refresh everyones memory from the article.

1. The Federal Reserve gives (invents) the FDIC cash as needed.
  2. The FDIC ensures all deposits with said cash.
  3. The FDIC sells bank assets.
  4. The FDIC charges the bank industry a “special assessment.”
  5. The FDIC then pays back the Federal Reserve.

So the Fed will print the money and issue it to the FDIC which then resolves the issue (hopefully). The idea is, the Fed will get the money back which means the printed money later disappears. Just remember, for now, the banks have to hand over assets to the Federal Reserve as a “backstop” in this process.

So this go around, it’s not free to the institutions.

It’s a last ditch lifeline to save them.

2 Likes

If you’ve been watching this one in the news, a lot of ultra-rich are causing these bank runs. It’s then shifting their assets quickly from one bank to the next. Yet, we have many calls demanding the government back up these banks.

No, no, no.

It’s the rich concerned about their own wealth. Here’s a great example from Musk.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1637024521633890305

That’s laughable.

Inflation is 6+% and yields are 4-5% depending on what type of bond you go with. That means inflation is eating your investment, so yields are not “ridiculously high.” It makes one wonder how much debt Mr. Musk has…

So banks are pleading for unlimited “backstops” for two years from the FDIC.

No, no, no.

Let the markets work!

Bloop… And another one…

The new second biggest banking failure in US history award goes to: First Republic Bank now owned by JM Morgan.

Lest we forget, it was all us suckers buying on credit that enabled the situation we find ourselves immersed in.
I remember a lot of people as a kid who never lived above their means. If they couldn’t pay for it in full they did without it. People mocked them. Turns out that those old fools were pretty sharp.

1 Like

You won’t get this from the mainstream media. Here’s a quick recap if the treasure JP Morgan just obtained. Oh, the FDIC is taking a $13 billion dollar loss on the deal. As usual, the fat cats get fatter.

https://wolfstreet.com/2023/05/01/heres-the-great-deal-jp-morgan-got-on-first-republic-according-to-jp-morgans-victory-lap-in-front-of-investors/